HH Overrated albums Top 10

84 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: HH Overrated albums Top 10
Oct 05, 2005, 20:28
Love - forever changes. Nothing represented the climate of the time better? Well it sounds horribly dated. And horribly not that good
usual suspects - ok computer, sgt pepper.
Captain Beefheart - Troutmask replica. Far out? avant garde? out there? Unlistenable more like, and i've got a lot of time for the good captain and stuff people can't be bothered to listen to because it is too challenging - just that this wasn't his best work.
Brian Eno - Music for airports 1. Do something for fucks sake! Actually i'm not sure if that album was ever really rated, but it kind of marked the start of his ambient career, and he has done much better than this.
Fleetwood Mac - anything really. I've got the 1st few albums for some reason - they all repeat each other anyway and are desperately dull white man blues. And that was supposed to be their best period! Then play on is alright i suppose
Can - Tago Mago. I know i'm treading on really dangerous sacred ground here, but it is not my favourite Can. One of the longer tracks towards the end of the album is definitely unlistenable noise.

Pink Floyd - The Wall. wrong, all wrong. shitty concept matched by dreadful music in the main.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index