Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Top three gigs
Mar 23, 2017, 20:23
Wiggy wrote:

I reckon Nick Cave at The Electric Ballroom in Camden, 1984, was really important to a 17 year old who had missed seeing The Birthday Party - I think this was Cave's first live outing since the split. He had had a track out as Nick and The Cavemen on an NME compilation tape (covering "I put a spell on you") but I think they used "Bad Seeds" as their namer on the night.

I think it was advertised as Cavemen.
It was filmed for Spanish TV too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNoJsm9jUw
though unfortunately it isn't the full gig.

& the debut was actually at the Fridge Brixton a few days earlier supporting Nina Hagen. I missed that gig but did see the Electric Ballroom one.
I think there are recorded sets from the whole Cavemen tour.
Got some of them from Dime.

From the Archives http://www.fromthearchives.com/nc/chronology.html is very good on the Bad Seeds live history, same with Birthday party, Gun Club and a few others.
tk421
121 posts

Mar 23, 2017, 22:40
Television around fifteen years ago in Vicar Street in Dublin. Just to see them play something that was practically the holy grail of a style guitar music that I love and the root of so much else that I like.

Marc Almond around five or six years ago at the electric picnic festival. Simply because he was so surprisingly and joyously good.

Julian Cope in Belfast Castle around 1993 - small venue and a great and charismatic set list. Although, I think it is in the liner notes for autogeddon that he describes himself as sick at the time of the gig. Still brilliant.
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Mar 24, 2017, 09:55
Good idea:

So todays it's:

Ramones, Talking Heads, Saints - Roundhouse 1977

Tom Waits - Dominion Theatre 1985

Lucinda Williams - Pocklington Platform Fest - 2016

I still stand by my original pub rock trio from 75 that I chose 12(!) years ago tho.

How the devil is everyone?
keith a
9570 posts

Mar 24, 2017, 20:49
Good to hear from you, Valve
Wiggy
1696 posts

Mar 29, 2017, 14:27
Fantastic!!
I've been trying to find my young self in the crowd - no luck so far.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Mar 31, 2017, 00:22
AW... KC, xxxxx When i first posted this, some of you will know what a horrible year this was for me, but seeing those replies (and the new ones) have been so uplifting, yet again. Managed a trip down to Lundun on Tues to see Thunder at The Hammersmith Apollo and their support, Cats in Space. So feel free to ridicule and tease. Keep rockin' n rollin'. xxxxx
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Mar 31, 2017, 00:27
'Cough'... I've changed my mind about Springsteen, but it's a secret.... ;) x
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Mar 31, 2017, 13:16
supercat wrote:
'Cough'... I've changed my mind about Springsteen, but it's a secret.... ;) x

Is it something... a little bit embarrassing?
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index