151 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Re: Favorite Lyrics
Aug 04, 2005, 11:06
Really though it’s...

I had nothing to say on Christmas day when you threw all your clothes in the snow. When you burnt your hair, knocked over chairs, I just tried to stay out of your way. But when you fell asleep with blood on your teeth, I got in my car and drove away. Listen to me, Butterfly, there's only so much wine you can drink in one life and it will never be enough to save you from the bottom of your glass. Where the state highway starts I stopped my car. I got out and stared up at the stars. As meteors died and shot cross the sky, I thought about your sad, shining eyes. I came back for my clothes when the sun finally rose but you were still passed out on the floor.

or...

Sittin' at a tiny table in a ritzy restaurant. She was starin' at her coffee cup, He was tryin' to keep his courage up by applying booze. The talk was small when they talked at all, They both knew what they wanted. There was no need to talk about it. They were old enough to scoff it out and keep it loose.
She said, you don't look like my type but I guess you'll do. Third rate romance, Low rent rendezvous. He said, I'll even tell you that I love you if you want me to. Third rate romance, Low rent rendezvous.

And they left the bar, they got in his car and they drove away. He drove to the Family Inn. She didn't even have to pretend she didn't know what for. Then he went to the desk and made his request while she waited outside. And he came back with the key and she said, give it to me and I'll unlock the door. She kept sayin' I've never really done this kind of thing before, have you? Third rate romance, Low rent rendezvous. And he said, Yes I have but only a time or two. Third rate romance, Low rent rendezvous.

...depending on my mood!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index