82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives pt2
Jun 10, 2005, 19:23
Cat Stevens Tea for the Tillerman
kind of nice but I do wonder if Teaser & THe Firecat might have been nicer still.
Just went into HMV and the 3cds that disappeared yesterday had reappeared ho hum.

Steely Dan Countdown to Ecstacy
Pretty cool stuff, good playing and rocks in places. Jazzy like. I guess the essential stuff by these is this, Can't BUy A THrill and Pretzel Logic? In which case I might need to buy a thrill. Got Pretzrel though it mayt well not be in great nick

Genius/Gza Liquid SWords
One of the essentoial Wu spinoffs or so I've been told. Along with Raekwon's Only Built For Cuban links which was the first one I bought.
Still lacking Tical by Method Man

Nick Drake Bryter Layter
Didn't seem to be though did it? This actually seems to be quite upbeat in places, got some beautiful stuff on plus john Cale who was apparently pretty smitten with ND's work on first hearing it.
Dunno about that instrumental Sunday though.

JERry Lee Lewis Essential
2cd compi of Sun stuff. Pretty great really. The presence of a track called Milkshake Mademoiselle might be in dubious taste considering the age of his 2nd wife. Whhat's the second word mean again?
But overall good rocking with surprisingly rocky guitar .

Flamin Groovies Teenage hEad
Totally essential yup. got some of the most smokin r'n'r covers as extra tracks & the lp itserlf is coool through & through. Liner notes say sumfin about a better sleazy Sticky Fingers with no filler.

Guns & Roses Appetite For DEstruction
Been considering getting this if I saw it cheap for ages. Nice sleazy heavy rockin stuff, Axl's voice is a bit pinched/nasal but the band's pretty fine. Wonder howc much I'll play it though?

Emmylou harris Elite Hotel
Haven't heard this yet beyond Amazoin snippets but its got some interesting sidemen on it. Elvis' James Burton among them.
Stevo
Np G&R SWeet Child Of Mine
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index