82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives
Jun 08, 2005, 18:40
Trying to think
VDGG Pawn Hearts remaster came yesterday and is positively scrumptuous. Sound is so much better than '87 version (inevitable really). You can realy hear how great they were. Wonder if the difference on H To He to the earlier version is as stunning?

Todd Rundgren A Wizard A TRue Star
Trying to work out with this if I've been diddled or not. Good lp as it is, I was offered the Essential label version from '99 & wind up with one saying Rhino Remaster with no date.
I guess I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

Richard & LInda THompson Hokey POke
Was going to skip this thanks to reviews I'd read elsewhere then thought oh well it's half price innit?
Got some awesome guitar on it even if the lyrics aren't as great as elsewhere.

Pati Smith Radio Ethiopia
Hadn't played this in a solid yonk but tis a thing of beauty. Her acid rock lp? Very impro based guitar stuff yum.

Procol Harum The First Four
2cd set of the first load of their stuff. Intersting sound palette (rich&fruity? think they just said that) With guitar mainly used for shading +2 types of keyboard.
I'd reccommend it I think.

Van Morrison Veedon Fleece
Weird coincidence I discover this music just before going on a trip to a place it synaesthetically represents (to me anyway) . Nice wet weather rural stuff . Lovely.

Grateful DEad Dick's Picks 4
The 2nd disc of this has some of the most psychedelic stuff I've ever heard on it. First disc has some cool stuff too, must listen to the 3rd again.

John Martyn Solid Air
Why've I gone without this disc for so long? weird combo of folk/jazz/blues etc combined with echoplex guitar leads to something quasi dubby. Very innovative stuff.

Lee Perry Arkology Disc 1
Need to know what of his stuff I really need. Just bought the biography People Funny BOy, hope that 'll help.

NWW Thunder Perfect MInd
Surrealistic nouise stuff. quite compelling really. Another artist I should know more about/be more familiar with esp since he gave me this.

Rhythms Of Baghdad - Ahmed Mukhtar/Sattar Al-Saadi
Had this for a few years and not played it much. Shame really cos its excellent - instrumental duets of strings +percussion. Lovely .

Stevie Wonder Innervisions
Found my pre2000 version of this lp and realised what a folly it was not to have played it much. Cos its 'kin great innit? Now to find Talking Book

Dublin band called PUGET SOUND who played live at the ERris gathering and were pretty incredible in a Minutemen ish type of way what with an incredible drummer and all. Guitarist said he'd send me a cdr or something. Great.

Loads more stuff I can't think of offhand
Stevo
Np Procol Harum First Four A SAlty Dog Pilgrim's Progress
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index