The Opposite of Reissues

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Tangerine Pete
Tangerine Pete
487 posts

Re: The Opposite of Reissues
Apr 25, 2005, 21:34
I'm just in a bad mood today. Every time I think of this place as a community of like-minded individuals, threads like these remind me this is not so.

I just long for the old days when good music went out on a big labels, and the fringe stuff made it out on fringe labels.

These days, the big labels put out mainly garbage, the good stuff is on under-capatalized fringe labels, and the really awful stuff is on medium-szied labels that make sure you never hear the good stuff, cause the little labels can't compete.

Petra is on a medium-sized label, and that annoys me to a degree that i can't communicate, and to which I wouldn't expect anyone to care.

please excuse the vitriol
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Apr 25, 2005, 21:41
"...no. like at University, musicians are students..."

I never went to university or stayed on at school for that matter.....thank fuck
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 25, 2005, 21:49
...this place IS a community of like minded individuals because we've all got a passion for music as if it's the most important thing in the world, which it is as far as I'm concerned.

You obviously play in a band or do stuff as well?

8)
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 25, 2005, 21:59
.....silence at the back, Tones!
mercian
mercian
302 posts

Apr 25, 2005, 22:00
how about that album that max power type chav type young chappies have blasting in their cars
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Apr 25, 2005, 22:02
sorry sir!

:-(
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Apr 25, 2005, 22:06
careful....or you'll be dissed in the 'hood man
Tangerine Pete
Tangerine Pete
487 posts

Apr 25, 2005, 22:21
yeah. so I end up talking to alot of the people involved in the US indie scene at my level and above (both musicians and label people), and it is so frustrating to watch people doing great work and getting screwed on the promo cause that moron at Bar/None for example decides to push Petra Haden's idiot-fest wank-off record instead.

when you realize how many obstables there are in doing this what is so laughingly called professionally, it almost becomes too much sometimes.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Apr 25, 2005, 22:40
Everything should be in circulation forever. And probably will be.
Tangerine Pete
Tangerine Pete
487 posts

Apr 25, 2005, 23:00
not if I can help it.

my next project is my accapella rendition of the Who's Quadrophenia in its entirety. I will be singing vocal and instrumental parts as well as the sound effects. I will sing the cover as well. In addition, I will sing the 1979 screenplay as a bonus track.

I predict massive sales. Obviously, in the wake of Petra Haden's success, it's clear that people are becoming gradually more stupid and easier to con out of their money.

viva mediocrity!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index