Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05ce

89 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05ce
Mar 21, 2005, 00:50
LP’S

NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS – Lyre of Orpheus / Abattoir Blues (Double albums are always a lot to take in initially, but this is continuing to impress me more and more. This weeks fave is the title track of LOR. Oh mama!!)

JULIAN COPE – Rite2 (esp D Composer)

HARMONIA – Muzik Von…

AUGUSTUS PABLO – In Fine Style

SMOG – Supper (Lots of goodies on this, especially Ambition)

T.REX – T.Rex (JT shamed me into playing some Bolan a few days back! This is a classic album for me, with so many great songs here - Bolan was obviously going through a genuinely inspired period. Really enjoying The Wizard and it’s ‘new’ version at the mo)

V/A – Mojo: Beyond Punk (I may have mentioned this before, but I’d honestly forgotten how utterly wonderful Siouxsie’s Mirage is. Superb track, and there’s lots more here, too. Some I knew – Kidney Bingos, The Classical – and loved!, and some of which I didn’t. e.g. Silent Command, which is)

Single…

NEW ORDER – Krafty (This is a grower. It sounded fairly unremarkable at first, but old habits die hard so I bought the bugger. Love the intro – that early 80’s like-beat, Hooky’s basslines. Great. Super. As they’d say in Reggie Perrin)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index