Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05ce

89 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
a23
a23
1004 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05ce
Mar 20, 2005, 19:49
This week's been expolring a bit more Josephine Foster - saw her a couple of times live and thinking I rather like her voice now - took its time.
First up "all the leaves are gone" from last year which is worth getting to know. Also the new album, which should be out in a few weeks.."Hazel eyes, i will lead you" which is a solo effort rather than being supported by the supposed, rather good it is too. her voice is more delicate on some of the songs, mostly just accompanied by acoustic guitar/uke

Peter Wright - he was on the above tour too and picked up "Distant Bombs" which has been re-issued on last visible dog. 7 tracks, some lovely drone repetitions, the odd vocal track, very good to warm up to.

James Blackshaw - composed pieces mostly for 12 string guitar - his first album "celeste" plus his new one which doesn't seem to have a title and is limited to some miniscule number.

Kemiallset Y...you know the ones..."alkulharka" - have given this a bit of a listen...not sure about it yet. In fact not really sure about the whole finnish scene to be honest. As Beautiful Day posted, they're up in Glasgow next month - i think I'd like to see a few of them do their thing live before I'm sold on the recordings...bit too fragmented and irritating in places.

Marissa Nadler - "saga of mayflower may" - this album just gets better and better. A tour beckons in June...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index