89 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives w/e 20/03/05ce
Mar 20, 2005, 12:43
Good afternoon

been a loverly weekend in beautiful Bucks here we go with the last weeks sounds.

Julian Cope - Interpreter - class in a glass indeed - one of me all time fave Cope albums of all time

Hawkwind - the Hawk fest continued as I ploughed through the Saga of Hawkwind biog - this week I listened to Xenon Codex from 1988 which I think is pretty good - back to more trad Hawkwind sounds after the heavy metal assault of The Chronicle of The Black Sword, also given a spin Love in Space a live outing from the mid 1990's and the Dawn of Hawkwind compilation which features tracks from the pre Wind bands the Dharma Blues Band and The Famous Cure .

My in car listening this week has been SF Sorrow by the Pretty Things - now I have had this album for years and its been " yeah is ok but nowt special you know" however until now in one of those rare epiphany moments when I reach back into the record collection and unearth some previously hidden treasure SF Sorrow is a case in point - it is good - I can hear echoes of what bands like Traffic and Jethro Tull would later do - in places its almost a blueprint what would come next - a happy discovery.

Saturday afternoon and sunshining down rural Bucks takes on a suumer feeling and Santana's 1st album hits the car stereo - hammond organ and stinging guitar to the fore - perfect.

Baby Bird - Ugly Beautiful - top stuff

Baby Bird - The Happiest Man Alive - an installment from the pre band lo fi years

Reef - Rides - rocks like a good'un

The Beatles - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - long time no listen, and I think that I have missed it - I had forgotten just how good this is.

On The DVD front - a DVD-R of The Modern Antiquarian - bliss - I feel the need to get out there and see some stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I think that thats me for another week.

All the best

Joolio

To Be A Rock But Not To Roll

Now playing Julian Cope - Upwards At 45 Degrees
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index