Unsung Forum »
Soundtrack to our lives: 12th March 05

88 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9570 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives: 12th March 05
Mar 14, 2005, 01:34
AIR – Moon Safari (Hadn’t heard this in a long time, but it sounds as good as ever. La Femme De L’argent is just about as good as it gets for me)

JULIAN COPE – Rite 2 (Another one I hadn’t heard in a long time. Wasn’t wild about this one at the time IIRC, seemed disappointing after the first one, but I was VERY pleasantly surprised this time round)

THE CURE – s/t

THE DOVES – Some Cities (I think this one’s gonna take a few plays, though I suspect they’re never gonna better their suitably sombre debut, Lost Souls for me)

LOW – Trust

MERCURY REV – Secret Migration (I think I’m in the minority, but I like it)

ROGER – This Is The Shit (Hugely enjoyable!)

SEX PISTOLS – Mini Album

STEREOLAB – Margerine Eclipse (My fave Lab LP since Emperor Tomato Ketchup)

TEARDROP EXPLODES – Zoology (Essential!!)

WILD SWANS – Space Flower (this one just gets better and better with each listen. Lovely)

45’s include…

ACID HORSE – No Name No Slogan

CLINIC – Distortions

JULIAN COPE – Planetary Sit-in (I hadn’t played the actual single in a long time. Hearing Torch again was great. A lovely little gem that sits somewhere between say, Warwick The Kingmaker and Head Hang Low)

THE DEARS – Lost in the Plot

FRANZ FERDINAND – Take Me Out (one year on and sounding like a classic to me)

GOD – My Pal (from the nifty Aussie collection c/o BH, this is an all-time classic single IMO. It’s one of those great late 80’s Peel singles like Spit’s Road Pizza and Neighbor by The Bastards).

GEORGE HARRISON – My Sweet Lord (the posthumous re-issue with the new version on that I would describe as either inferior or dire, depending on how charitable I was feeling that particular day)

THE NIGHTINGALES – EFL 7"

NANCY SINATRA – Let Me Kiss You (Even better than the Moz version!)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index