Soundtrack to our lives: 12th March 05

88 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2608 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives: 12th March 05
Mar 14, 2005, 00:19
Joni's 'Hejira' (perfect Sunday morning vibes), 'Crosby Stills & Nash' (perfect everytime vibes), Filthy Christians 'Mean' (pinned-to-the-wall OTT thrills), Camel 'Mirage' (their only non-Canterbury-linked gem), The Clash 'Give 'Em Enough Rope' (that 'Classic Rock' review is right, this is their finest hour), Cabaret Voltaire 'The Original Sound Of Sheffield '78-'82' (the best Krautrock ever to emanate from the UK), Van Morrison 'Days Like These' (moody and magnificent), Johnny Carroll 'Rock, Baby, Rock It' (sublime, unsung rockabilly), Gavin Bryars 'Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet' (tear-inducing in the extreme - the man's only worthwhile work to these classically-orientated ears) and Smetana's 'Ma Vlast' in that valeditory, perfect recording recorded live in Prague in 1990.

Er, and Hatfield and the North...everything they've ever recorded...in preparation for the thrill of the millenium this Friday. Hope to see a few of you at the Mean Fiddler for the reformation of all-time - and I'm aware of the Van der Graaf one as well...what a year this is! I'll be the fat twat wearing the black Caravan t-shirt.

Your Sunderland-based Canterbury wanabee

Dave x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index