kevin ayers

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zuggog
286 posts

kevin ayers
Jan 27, 2005, 01:59
Spot on revue, JT.

I just got SATM a few days ago, it's absolutely brilliant Whimsical, beautiful, experimental, gutsy. This album is possibly even better than Joy of a toy.
Err, maybe I should get the Softs 1st ??
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: kevin ayers
Jan 27, 2005, 06:36
Cheers Zugg!

You'll drool over the Softs debut.

I think you can still get the 1st and 2nd Softs as a 'twofer' from amazon

enjoy!

~JT
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Jan 27, 2005, 08:41
Softs volume one has got to be one of my absolute favourite albums of alltime. All killer from beginning to end. Volume 2 ain't to shabby either. Just buy that twofer, zuggog, judging by your other posts I reckon theres a good chance you will love volume one

cheers
BD:)
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jan 27, 2005, 23:11
Try Soft Machine Live at the Paradiso. One of my favourite live albums. Up there with Slade Alive
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Jan 27, 2005, 23:36
"...Up there with Slade Alive"

Great album!!

=;-)
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2608 posts

Jan 27, 2005, 23:51
Yeah, seconded - great review of a great album.

Bear in mind that here you have a once-in-a-lifetime band consisting of (a) a young man of considerable creative genius that was to go on to finance the entire Virgin empire, planes, trains, condoms and all; (b) a bonafide British classical composer of real merit; (c) a tremendous jazz saxophonist still at the top of his game today, and (d) the one-off genius that is Ayers himself, you just can't miss with 'Shooting At The Moon'.

Every home should have one!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

David Bedford
Jan 28, 2005, 00:09
Cheers Fitter

btw - I really love David Bedford's "Star's End" - I never understood how it didn't become a big success in the 'modern classical' circles.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 28, 2005, 17:53
The thing w/ the stabbing organ making-up for the lack of guitar. That was pretty ace...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 28, 2005, 17:55
Y'mean Branson played an instrument? 8^O
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jan 28, 2005, 19:11
Have you ever listened to it. Slade live prior to fame. A great rough and ready piece of rock and roll. You can feel the atmosphere
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index