oxford gig

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: oxford gig
Sep 27, 2004, 15:29
Hope you got a gurt big memory card for it or have a laptop to transfer them to. It's so esy to fill up 512Mb :-)
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 15:35
I got two 512 memory cards, but we won't be shooting at high res most of the time. What's the point?

I can't wait to get home tonight to play with it!
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: tech tip
Sep 27, 2004, 15:44
Jus' bein nosey - someone at work has a portable 20gb hard drive with a memory card slot so she can empty the memory card each night!

I will have one. Oh yes, I will have one...

G x
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: tech tip
Sep 27, 2004, 15:56
And I will nick it!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 16:00
There's certainly not much point in using the RAW format. I always use the top JPEG setting on mine. Although most of my pics are for the web and don't need to be that big, it's nice to know that I can blow 'em up really large if there's a really good one.

It'd be a shame to have a great shot of a pride of lions ripping a baby gazelle to pieces that you couldn't enlarge and put on your wall :-)
Holy McGrail
Holy McGrail
1257 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 17:34
If you went to see a film and someone talked intermittently throughout, surely that'd piss you off? When friends meet up and go to the cinema, they generally talk to each other before and after the film, don't they? Why should it be any different at a gig?

Some people don't feel confident enough to ask someone to desist doing something as that in itself is an act of confrontation. If someone has little enough respect for the performer that they talk through their show, who knows how they're gonna respond to someone asking them to stop talking? You can't exactly guarantee a polite, respectful response, can you?

This isn't intended as a barb towards Jane or LL, but I would 100% align myself with the person pissed off with other people yabbering and I'm surprised that no-one else has come to the defence of someone who paid money to go to a show and had it spoiled by people talking. There's been a few whinges about talking on the other dates of the tour - the people complaining then didn't get shot down in flames.

Surely the point of going to a gig is to listen to music?
Surely you shouldn't HAVE to tell someone to shut up?
keith a
9572 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 17:55
Thank fuck for that. A voice of reason. Well spoken, Holy. Maybe people will take notice of someone who was on-stage.

I was in the position last night at Stoke where some drunk was shouting down my ear and banging my head with his elbows. What do I do - tell him to shut up and he starts on me? I'm a big lad, but I went to see my fave singer live on stage, not get in an altercation.

As it was I glared a few times and he got the message (thanks to his mate). But it definitely spoilt a section of a superb gig for me, and I'm disappointed with the reaction from so-called Cope fans here who think it's ok to get tanked up and yap when he's on stage. We all pass comment at the end of a song - "that was a great version" etc, but if you wanna talk to your mates mid-song, go outside and do it.

thank you (removes himself from soapbox)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 18:20
<Stands at side of soap box, points and says> What he said!

It is understandable that folks who meet up every now and then are bound to want to catch up with what they've all being doing, but it shouldn't be done at the expense of everyone else's enjoyment.
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 18:29
One of my worst gig experiences was similar and, strangely enough was a Cope gig too. Two drunken blokes talked loudly all the way thru', and heckled continuously between songs. They were actually talking about how much they "fuckin love that man" which, in my mind is a strange way of showing it. We didn't get an encore. Go figure. I have never been on stage in my life, but I'm close to enough people who have to know there's nothing more soul-destroying than to see the audience are distracted.
copius-freakus2
221 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 20:49
Well said Holy,

I totally agree. When I pay to go to gig I go to listen to the music, not to hear people in the crowd talking.

Richard
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index