oxford gig

Pages: 13 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Re: oxford gig
Sep 26, 2004, 08:54
I enjoyed it. Not as good as last weeks one at Reading and perhaps not enough between songs banter but still fun.
bigjaybee
106 posts

Sep 26, 2004, 09:10
Good gig I thought - better singing than Brighton by a long chalk, less loose and off the cuff though!

In fact, I'm now obsessing about getting to the Aldershot gig! Wooo hoo!
Safe Surfer
Safe Surfer
23 posts

Sep 26, 2004, 11:51
I have to say I was a little disappointed compared to the Reading gig too. I liked the songs he played that he didn't do at Reading, but overall I liked the vibe in Reading more.

I was also right at the front in Reading but came in a little late in Oxford and so had to spend the first part of the gig at the back where lots of loud conversations were overpowering the music.
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Yeahh!
Sep 26, 2004, 12:29
I enjoyed it, although it didn't grab me as much as Rome. Dogentank were pretty Rock.
Best was meeting all you freaks - I love you all already!
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Re: Yeahh!
Sep 26, 2004, 14:37
i had an brilliant day with all of you (i know i said it last night but you made mt day FS). From the front i thought the sound on the vocals wasnt that great. And the dogntank set was way too short i was just getting into it and it was all over. I really enjoyed them, 2nd track to me sounded just like schools out. I havent been to any if the other dates this tour so i cant compare, it wasn't the best set i've seen banter wise but i got what i paid for, Great venue, great music and the lovelyest fans in the universe. And amazon i think we should get hired as backing singers, at least we've got better legs :).
bruised and tired
Mrs A xx
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Sep 26, 2004, 14:40
"Also had some fat bird in stockings dancing in front of me. Enough to turn the blood cold"
that might have been me or anyone else who comes on this site ,you really didn't need to say that. I'm sure you must be utterly gorgeous.
bigjaybee
106 posts

Sep 26, 2004, 15:53
Well said that lady! I got drunken scousers next to me, who I think were expecting a full band and getting rather tetchy about the full-on folk-Cope experience...happy days...

Hey, and well done to the guy with the leather jacket and "2FLUFFY4U" on the back - you willfull obscurist you, I bet you got loads of confused looks!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 26, 2004, 16:10
>> Hey, and well done to the guy with the leather jacket and "2FLUFFY4U" on the back

Nice one! I'd have bought the man a drink for the class of it! Odds on it was Squid(?)

Shame it seems to be getting mixed reviews. Makes me wish I could make it to a few even more so that I could have an opinion myself (something I'm never usually short of :-)
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Sep 26, 2004, 17:41
Goddit in one 4W.

amazon had her 'too fluffy 4 u' on her ass. Typical. Tsk.

love

Moth

PS FWIW Good gig but not outstanding was my opinion of t'gig. Good enuff that we just booked tix for next Sat in northampton tho.... ALL the fluffies & HHers were as lovely as can be tho.

PPS Was great to meet you too, father sky!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 26, 2004, 18:47
Well, I owe Squid a drink or two anyways so I'm glad it was him .. I'm not made o' money you know :-)
Pages: 13 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index