Unsung Forum »
Vocals that put me off the music

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hatondrunk
157 posts

Re: Vocals that put me off the music
Aug 28, 2004, 20:43
say his name at any bike run and everyone knows him!
Hatondrunk
157 posts

Aug 28, 2004, 20:57
"You can get the feeling of being free when you listen. Need more concert dates!"

Some of the early songs are not bad IMO.
He should have changed his name around say 74! From there on I agree with you Lawrence. Ughh right!

Bob Seega! :)
teddy boy
10 posts

Aug 29, 2004, 10:56
Quite like Bobby Mc Ferrin, mentioning Bob Seger has somehow reminded me of Dr. Hook. He totally overcooks his vocals, that emotional tremolo makes him sound ridiculous, like a drunk middle manager at an office Christmas party kareoke.
Also Janis Joplin, pleease, stop your wailing and sing properly, give the instruments a chance. Totally awful!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: Listen to.....
Aug 29, 2004, 11:06
AAAh Fitter, I certainly agree that Hammill is by far superior, just pointing out that he has influenced more people than he is ever given credit for....
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Aug 29, 2004, 11:06
that was a joke, ah, acapella...without the vocals...NEVERMIND!
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Aug 29, 2004, 11:13
Sonic Youth (the vocals are lousy & the music is tedious & boring too), Tom Waits, Rush (the music 's pretty lousy here too), Psychic TV, Peter Blegvad, Tuxedomoon, Joy Division....QUIT WHINING!

but I LOVE Pere Ubu & the Art Bears, go figure.
keith a
9572 posts

Aug 29, 2004, 12:49
I'm sorry. Including Joy Division in the same sentence as the god-awful Rush means you are truly beyond redemption!

To quote Citizen Smith, "Come the glorious day, it's bop bop against the wall" ; )
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 29, 2004, 14:36
"Two Plus Two Is On My Mind" was excellent. I just don't understand how he became "meat and potatoes rock" as a German friend of mine put it...
Hatondrunk
157 posts

Aug 30, 2004, 01:24
Have you heard the Silver Apples tribute CD "Electronic Evocations"?
Don´t know any of the bands as usual with obscure tribute albums, but its alright I think. Got it before the two originals on one CD, so I`m incompetent.

Sometimes i prefer bad singing to bad lyrics still!
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Sep 01, 2004, 09:03
is nothing sacred?
I should elaborate perhaps: Joy Divsion is a group I was into in high school @ '79-'82 when no one else anywhere within a 5 mile radius seemed to have heard of them...you're right that they shouldn't be equated w/ the likes of Rush since at least JD's MUSIC was cool...but I just never warmed to Ian's warbling/moaning off key thing and as time went on I found it to be more & more of a deal breaker ...but I did like them for a bit, unlike Tom Waits, who I've never been able to stand doing his whiskey-soaked-croak shtick, or Rush, who I liked briefly in @1978 when my older brother brought their first 3 lps home in a triple lp set...then I heard them. !
...reminds me I should have added Budgie to my previous "Vocals put me off the music" post...

I gave up on Sonic Youth early too, after "Confusion is Sex" w/ it's awful version of the Stooges "...dog" & I was not regrettting that lack of Sonic Youth in my life when I heard/saw them open for the Stooges last year....changing guitars after every song (for diff. tunings presumably) with no discernible result..every tune being the same drone/strum/rave-up attempt with the worst bass playing imaginable & worse vocals & even they looked bored by the monontony of it all.
I sold Thurston a beat up Jazz lp for $60.oo once though so I forgive him for his part in the pre-Stooges air pollution .
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index