85 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stensil Head
Stensil Head
201 posts

Re: Soundtracks to our Lives w/e 8/8/04
Aug 08, 2004, 18:45
Futureheads - Futureheads
Nice 'angular' early XTC soundalikes, take my hifi by storm....mind you 15 tracks in 36 odd minutes tells you how short and too the point the tracks are. Great inna pop punk kinda way.

Ikara Colt - Chat And Business
Wire Meets The Fall via 90's Camden wannabees Elevate. S'great, though they should loose the female backing vocals...adds nothing to the sound.

Einsturzende Neubauten - Strategies III
S'great this, it's basically a comp' of their later stuff , still worth it for the 'live' bits and alternate takes from stuff like Ende Neu etc...

Speaking of Which...

Einsturzende Neubauten - Ende Neu
Das Ist Gut, Jah!!
Not as 'industrial' as their earlier outings, but some damn fine production, and chock full of great noises and almost 'real' songs. Still not quite up there with my fav's Halber Mensche & Tabular Rasa, but still, mighty fine stuff

The Heads - Relaxing With The....
Debut release by Bristols finest freak merchants. Not as full on as 'At Last', but you can hear em' putting their ideas down. the lyrics ar stil la little iffy, but i can live with that when they make such a wonderful din.

NurseWith Wound - Who Can I Turn To Stereo
Sat out under the stars with a few tinnies and the cat and marvelled at hi level flocks of geese skudding through the moonlit sky like dowsed embers, and the most 'fiery' meteor I've ever seen, was like the crashing spaceship in the 50's version of The Blob...wonderful. All soundtracked by this beautific, slightly cryptic monster of a record. A little more rhythmic than many of his 'droney' thangs, but i loves it all the same.

Have a good week y'all, and watch out for those downpours that we're promised.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index