Unsung Forum »
Songs to blub to

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Re: Songs to blub to
May 30, 2004, 22:04
Durutti Column - Portrait for Frazier off LC and Robert Wyatt's 'Just a bit' off Cuckooland, oh and Bill Evans 'Nardis' and seasons in the sun ......don't like happy songs much.
dave clarkson
2988 posts

May 30, 2004, 22:16
not forgetting 'the death of Peter X' by Artery (cherry red or cheery red) and 'donimo' by the Cocteau twins.....blub blub
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

May 31, 2004, 00:29
My mate always used to put on 'i have a broken heart' by Spiritualised, when I came around and was feeling particularly fragile. Least I think it is called that - the most obvious weepy off Ladies and Gentleman.
Then there's Roll another number (for the road) by Neil Young, and bluejeans and moonbeams by Captain Beefheart. I can remember crying to them all when life was particularly tough for me. Also 'sea of tears' by goldie.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

May 31, 2004, 03:21
When in a particularly maudlin mood,Lou Reed's "Berlin" album has a pretty heavy overall effect

Also..I made a cd compilation last Winter that ended with Camper Van Beethoven's "Come On Darkness" followed by Bonnie Prince Billy's "I See A Darkness" and Johnny Cash's version of NIN's "Hurt"..didn't bring me to tears so much as make me feel as if someone had excavated my chest.

I've actually been thinking of doing a "Sad" comp for awhile and ending it with those songs..just have to fill in the rest,so I'll be watching this thread for ideas
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

May 31, 2004, 04:08
It's "weighted down (the prison song)" and you can hear it here...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000JJ2R/ref=m_art_li_1/002-6357299-7923217?v=glance&s=music
lordsitar
257 posts

May 31, 2004, 12:24
if you go away by scott the saddest song ever ever ever ever
zuggog
286 posts

May 31, 2004, 12:40
Yeah, Hurt by JC is full on, only seen the vid on telly a few times, sorta like he was just waiting to die to be reunited with the missus.He didn't make a bad job of Rusty Cage either, not that it was sad ...
Beebon
1375 posts

May 31, 2004, 22:09
Hmmm, let's see...

Most of Pet Sounds makes me blub from both the sadness and the joy... but then, im a bit soft.

Leonard Cohen;s "Songs From a Room" always makes me feel sad... and johnny cash's Hurt definately does it... especially that video!
torpedo
95 posts

Jun 01, 2004, 16:00
Anything by Phil Collins. Sorry I'm not taking this seriously am I?
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Jun 01, 2004, 16:08
has anyone mentioned the arms of love by r.e.m? robyn hitchcock song on a b-side? gets me every time. lachrymostastic! x
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index