Best Gig(s) you've been to......

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Best Gig(s) you've been to......
Mar 24, 2004, 15:02
your mention of Eek a Mouse reminds me I didn't list any of the fab reggae gigs I've seen (mostly at SOAS and Brixton (Fridge?) back in the 70s/80s...

Prince Far I (SOAS)
Peter Tosh (Rainbow)
Culture (Rainbow)
Misty in Roots (SOAS)
Horace Andy (Brixton)

ooh and loads more probably...
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 15:15
Eek-a-mouse was a funny lookin' dude wasn't he!! Gap toothed big rasta pirate!

Admit to envy that you saw Prince Far-I n' Peter Tosh. Saw Horace Andy a few years back n' he was great! Saw Mikey Dread last year too with Rebel Lion :)
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 15:23
Just remembered! Best ever gig was The Jesus & Mary Chain at Coventry Poly in 1985 or 1986. Bobby Gillespie was drums and someone threw a shoe at Jim and he shouted CUNT! really loud at the audience.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

O yea AND...
Mar 24, 2004, 15:27
The orb 1993 bristol rainbow club where they simply tripped every ones heads right out there!
OooooOYA

nICk cave and the bad seeds Glasgow barrowlands 1987/6?
where he jumped into the crowd and got a kicking...whereby He BRAvely got back on stage all bloody faced and carried on to blow our minds.
Nice 1 nick

coral glastobury 2002 & 2003 wicked live band!

O yea Just realised Spiritualized again at 1999 Aston court <FREE ISH>festival WOW THEY WERE STORMING!!!!

tHE HEADS 1991 At beer keler Bristol blew ma psychedelic mind to bits wif rawk and roll!
Go seee this band of bristolians they truely rAWK!
yALI*
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 15:30
O yea I seen them in Glasgow 1983 in some dodgy night club? I think ?....but some skinhead twats ruind it by starting a riot whereby the mary chain took a beating and the coppers stormed the place and I hid under a table shivering with fear!
YALI*
timewind
148 posts

Re: O yea AND...
Mar 24, 2004, 15:37
re Spiritualised I recall earlier tours being superior ie ones with The Verve & Mercury Rev.

They did also appear with the Gorkys at the Hacienda Manchester which I reckon was the last ever live band performance at that venue ( 3/4 years ago )

Unless someone knows different..lol

Tx Steve
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: O yea AND...
Mar 24, 2004, 15:40
Seen um in exeter few months back here and they are still a great act Jaison has those boys well traind ............ O yea.
YALI*
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 15:41
Heh... I loved them... I used to wait until me mum and dad went out and then record loads of guitar feedback on tape so I could play along with it later ... tee hee :O)

They should have split up after Psychocandy and disappeared and then they would have been the largest rock legend ever.

Uh huh-huh...
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 15:44
yea tis true! They still do the odd gig in the London area I think? I'm sure they or jim were doing summat in London the last time I was there, but It is all a drug filled haze as I remember it....OOoya.
YALI*
Lawrence
9547 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 15:48
The Wolf Eyes show I saw last night! Especially openers Rubb-O-Cement did a really surreal show, and Pengo did their best-ever show so far...

Seeing Costes at the Bug Jar (same place I saw the above show...) Incredibly shamanistic performance art.

Butthole Surfers 1987 (which I've discussed here before...)

Echo And The Bunnymen at Darian Lakes 1987.

Patti Smith -- twice in Buffalo last spring

Brighter Death Now with Slogun and Projeck Hat at the Empty Bottle Chicago.

Dimmu Borgir (I think I spelled that right...) in Buffalo, I forgot where.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index