Best Gig(s) you've been to......

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Re: Best Gig(s) you've been to......
Mar 27, 2004, 10:31
Orbital at Manchester Academy 1994 probably rates as my all time favourite.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Mar 27, 2004, 11:30
hard to choose...

Prince at Wembley Arena in 1990 just had me enthralled for the whole thing.......

Pulp in Barcelona in 1996

Tricky, also in Barcelona in 1996 was the most surpisingly fantastic....
Pigeon
15 posts

Mar 27, 2004, 11:40
I was converted to Prince at that very same concert! Hadn't been convinced until I saw him live - Wendy and Lisa were just class! Even the quiet songs at the piano were - I hate to use this word lightly...awesome. And the guitar solo in Purple Rain - thought I was going to burst.
Thanks for remindinding me of that concert :-)
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Mar 29, 2004, 10:30
Coo! Heh! No problem Pigeon,.... Wnedy And Lisa, grrrrrrr..... ;0)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Mar 29, 2004, 11:05
I was there too! Funny this isn't it, so many of us going to the same gigs!

I'm not really mad keen on Prince's records, but live he was pretty amazing - you get to see just how talented an instrumentalist he is apart from anything else.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: Tortoise/Stereolab
Mar 29, 2004, 12:45
I forgot about them spending a while between playing each number, Sonic Boom was doing a sort of Louis and Bebe Baron stylee interlude which was okay- but he couldn't get that Theremin to work.

When Tortoise opened with DJed, once they went into that suberb krautrockisch (!) opening section, I got a real shiver down my spine- yeah!
Ratshag
31 posts

Mar 29, 2004, 12:59
It's a many way tie:

Julian at Brixton Fridge on Peggy Suicide tour

Julian at Manchester Academy 1993, the three set 'all your Christian hangups' tour.

James, Glastonbury 1990

The Libertines, Forum, end of last year.

Wonderstuff, Brighton Centre, Never Loved Elvis tour.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Mar 29, 2004, 13:07
It's a small world Squid...... SUCH a good night, that was.....
ToxicDelerium
ToxicDelerium
23 posts

Re: Cope Liverpool Royal Court about 1990?
Apr 04, 2004, 17:17
I gotta say, that probably the best gig I ever went to, was also a Cope gig, and surprise surprise, that too was a the Royal Court in Liverpool. It was the head on tour ( cant remember the year ), but Copey was on good form, even having a tantrum when a dickhead starting mocking him during Soul Desert , he walked off stage, then came back a couple of minutes sniffing and rubbing his noise. What a gig, it went on for about 3 hours ,as he did an acoustic set, an electric set doing songs of the new Jehovahkill album with a full band, a best of electric set, and a solo acoustic requests set. And all for a paltry £14 ( i think ).
keith a
9570 posts

Re: Cope Liverpool Royal Court about 1990?
Apr 04, 2004, 18:10
that would have been '92, yeah a great gig! (as all the RC gigs are - my fave venue I reckon)

can't remember the tantrum though (I've seen a few of his and they've starting to merge into one!)

he had one at the '95 gig at the RC. it was a bit petulant to be honest - he'd almost been encouraging the banter as he does, and then had a tantrum.

another great gig all the same, though the fact that it was the only gig I've ever been to after drinking a bottle of champagne certainly helped!!

(well I hadn't seen him in a couple of yrs - surely that was worth celebrating!)
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index