Best Gig(s) you've been to......

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Best Gig(s) you've been to......
Mar 24, 2004, 10:04
Spirit – at the Rainbow. The gig immortalised on their Live at the Rainbow LP. Absolute magic. Met the band back at the hotel afterwards (on the LP you can hear them asking everyone back to the hotel at the end of the gig...)

The Clash at Victoria Park. Still vivid in my memory after all these years.

Orb/Gong/Acid Mothers and the Fezzy Hall. Partly due to much HH company, and generally just a really vibey night.

Blue Oyster Cult/Motorhead at the Hammersmith Odeon. Now we really are going back a few years...

Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band – Victoria Apollo (?? Can’t remember the name of the place then, was it the Venue or summat?) Completely mindblowing. The Magic Band were great on their own last year at Shepherds Bush, but this was something else.

Every single Cope gig I’ve been to! Enough said.

Lots of John Martyn gigs, Roy Harper gigs, oh blimey, this is too difficult!

I’m bound to think of dozens more as soon as I post this up!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 10:40
J. Cope at The Institute, Digbeth. Head On Tour, can't remember what year ;-)

J. Cope at Phoenix Festival, Stratford.

Killing Joke at The Institute, Digbeth, 'Extremities...' tour.

and...

Osibisa, whenever and wherever!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 10:45
Hey Squid hope you've got yr Orb tickets, four of us coming down this yr.

BOOF! chakaaaaaaaa :-)
Metalpub
130 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 11:22
I saw/ heard Hymnen at the Barbicam, London in 2001 and it was awesome. And I could see Stockhausen at the mixing desk from where I was sitting. Now I can die happily (but not for a while yet I hope).
Metalpub
130 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 11:25
Faust at the Garage, London in December 1996. Strangest gig ever. Action painting, welding, cement mixers, fireworks, full frontal nudity and a threshing machine filled with lawn clippings. I had a massive whitey and had to sit outside at the bus stop for about half an hour. And discovered that my friend who I went with was there too, suffering the same thing. Got branded a lightweight for ever more...
don quixote
232 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 11:33
Oh Yeah...here's mine

Gang Of Four at the Futurama Festival 1981 - .......Storming!

Sun Ra & The Arkestra at The Venue, London 1982
.........Awesome
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 11:44
>Sun Ra & The Arkestra at The Venue, London 1982<

haha! I was at that one I think...Mr Ra trouping around the stage with the band in tow - fab indeed!
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 11:45
Forgot Ozomatli. Great fun, great music, great audience participation. Apparently there was a bit of riot at their South By South West gig recently. Not sure how that happened - probably over eager police I guess.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 11:54
Don & Squid,

I was 'present' at this event also.

Stupidly, I had been in a (rough) pub called 'The Angel' in Ilford all day whilst visiting my brother.
By the time I hooked up with my mates, I was 3 sheets to the wind thanks to my brother! (my brother the wind?!!).
I have a vague memory of beings in colourful costumes and straining my poor peepers....
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

from my fading memory
Mar 24, 2004, 12:01
Cope king tuts Glasgow peggy tour 1989 was fecken ace went both nights .... Cope at his best! he plyed for 3 hours both nights!

Space men 3 1986/7 not sure?... but they were all sat on big cushins and left me feeling spun out and sick ...any one who can do that to me just through soNiC nOise alone ... is a worthy cause!

The bunnymen 1980 in wick caithness...they were at there best *croc* tour!

Suicide...1988 Glasgow... two geezas and a Boom box.....scary mofos wif perv power!

Super furries every gig I have seen em do.... simply the best live band fer me personally cus they have fun with music and they are fine KeltIc lads who understand psychedelic people! Thanks GrUFF*

rOBYN hITCHCOCK....DREAMING OF TRAINS TOUR....seen at the five bells northampton 1984...just hitchock ... on acoustic, double bass and a pub piano... he is a posh nutter but I liked him then.

My bl0oddy valentine.... 1988 glasgow uni... their drummer blew my mind and those fender Jags ... smashed ma soul!

SPRITUALISED SIMPLY the Best Live band ever!
Every tiMe I have seen um they Blew ma Mind away!

and loads more....but I cannot remember cus ma head is full of fading memories !

Yali*
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index