Soundtracks Of Our Lives 15/02/04

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 15/02/04
Feb 17, 2004, 01:43
Nass El ghiwane - As much of their music as one boy can download. I cant get enough of this stuff at the moment, its healing me, greatly it is. Well this and the acid is anyhow

Levon Minassian and friends - The doudouk beyond borders.

Woah, fucking hell!!! Is this stray ?, u know, that nihilist bloke ? Christ on a bike, he'll be eating lentils, promoting vegetarianism and buying classy coffee tables next. WTF ?

NO! u see, its well... ok, you've got me on that Levon Minassian crap. Can anyone out there recommend some REAL Armenian music ? I'm after the really pained, tortured, crying till the blood pours from your eyes and your battered knuckles stuff that I know is out there somewhere.
----------------------------------------------------
Definition of real, as in usage by stray when referring to what the chattering classes call 'world music' : Not produced by over 120 thousand pounds worth of studio with dirty great big string sections and released on painfully PC and cool record labels. Rather, music recorded by the people who make it, where they make it, without dubs, western retuning or other politeify fuckery. In short. RAW!
=====================================

The Fall - Extricate. Many thanks for this Severin.

Mudhoney - March to fuzz

Butthole Surfers - Rembrandt pussyhorse. Fucking hell, I know we've all been going thru a bit of a 'Locust abortion technician' thing again, as we often do. But, fucking hell. .. hahaha.. did we all forget this fucking diamond or what ?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index