Krautrock must haves

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Re: Krautrock must haves
Dec 16, 2003, 16:14
Fuck yeah, those Tarwater albums are excellent, esp. Silur...i also like Rabbit Moon Revisited too for it general 'oddness' Tar Revisited is a modern masterpiece of downtempo electro-krautness, and Tesla on Dwellers on the Threshold is just to die for.
Have you heard the album 11/6, 12/10 by Tarwater (think it's called that??) it's not one i've ever been able to get hold of.
The 'soundtrack' album The Broken Wheel has it's moments too, esp 'Host/Body/Host'.

If you enjoy Tarwater, check out Richard Thomas' stuff on the Lo Recordings label..has a similar vibe, but a bit heavier on the shambolic Jazz influence.

Actually prefer the Shrink CD by The Notwist, though Neon Golden has some groovy banjo moments.

Also the Tim 'Love' Lee album
'The Continuing Confessions of Tim 'Love' Lee, The Man Who's Been Everywhere But In Love' is sambatronic ambience at it's best. Heard this paying in a local record store and hung around for the whole record..i had to buy it there and then it totally blew me away with it's daft airport samples and general 'lushness' and daftness of concept.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index