Unsung Forum »
Krautrock must haves

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: GAA?
Dec 16, 2003, 15:37
GAA is good tho' not Great! Maybe I'll go find it in my collection and I'll spin it again.

"I've been being told on another chatlist that LOndon shops are cutting down their Krautrock stocks . Shame, does that meran its sposed to be becoming passe"

I dunno, apart from a couple of visits to Selectadisc I haven't been in a London record shop in years.

For me personally I still listen to a lot of Kraut tho apart from a few exceptions (code III, German Oak, Cluster - Sowiesoso, Hoelderlin - Traum) I don't feel motivated to buy much more Kraut at the moment. After you have bought the KRS top 50 & a lot of the Freeman's reccomended stuff (that you can get hold of) you start to buy stuff which is a little more duff. At one time I was never disapointed with a Kraut purchase, but after a few let downs you get a bit more cautios.

Is Kraut Rock passe? I dunno ! But one thing I'd say is it a genre from 30 years ago so very little can be added to the Canon. So maybe a lot of people have bought most the Kraut Rock they need.
On it being out of fashion all I can say is:

Kraut Rock Will Never Die.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index