VOTE HERE part 2 - Top 500 albums poll

96 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Status with only a couple days left
Jan 03, 2004, 03:40
"To that end, after this vote is complete, might I suggest another? How about the "Unsung Top 100 Albums"? People could vote for their favorite albums that did not appear in the top 500 (or whatever permutation the current list becomes)."

Oh good grief!! This first list/poll caused enough trouble as it is! (I think you're new here and missed the "fun" . . . lucky you!)

(Mostly just kidding!) ;-)

I agree with your general sentiment though, the more interesting items on the list will be the ones lower down that not as many people are aware of. At the same time a plain old list of 1000 albums isn't very useful by itself. There is some real crap in there among the jewels -- anyone could participate and vote for anything they wanted, so there is stuff like Busted, Sugababes and Westlife in there (Whoever they are! Britbubblegum I'm guessing -- don't think I really want to know.)

Still sorting out exactly what to do with the results. Thanks for the input.

And as far as doing more polls like this go -- anyone who wants to can propose & run one, but I don't plan to volunteer for anything like that for awhile. Your mission, should you choose to accept it . . . . !
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index