91 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03
Sep 29, 2003, 16:16
Back to the shed mix includes:---

Squarepusher - Go Plastic/Do You Know Squarepusher?
Hated these when i first heard em' a few month's ago, so they went into the 'pass onto somebody else' pile thats growing week by week, but i dug it out last week, as i had a bit of an 'electronic head' on and it clicked, and now I'm totally sold.
Especially love the 'Do You Know...' CD. The track Mutilation Colony wouldn't sound out of place on a Coil or NWW release...as to the rest, mashed D&B with mucho glitched beats and off kilter sounds. Mmmm. Even the rapping is OK (and i can't stand rap as a rule).

Coh - Iron
One track 38 minutes or something, again hated it when i first heard it, but Luuuurve it now. Lots of bloops, loops, tones and Blarg digital interferance type noises, kinda mental/annoying in places, but totally Mmmm as a whole.

Wire - Turns And Strokes
Incredibly patchy B-side/live affair, some tracks are fabbo, others you just think, why bother???
There is something to be said for not releasing EVERYTHING you ever put down on tape, and this is a good argument for that.

Tim 'Love' Lee - The Continuing Confessions Of Tim Love Lee, The Man Who's Been Everywhere But In Love.
Great tropicalia/samba influenced house ambience, with humorous interludes...a bit like Nightmare On Wax's 'Smokers Delight'.

Thipe - Double Vulgar
Still doing it for me.

Northern Electric - V/A
Patchy 2nd Gen electroclash nonsense for people who've ran out of ideas. Plenty of 'bright young things' playing faux D.A.F., Kraftwerk ,Fad Gadget riffs etc.... Apart from the occasional OK track, this is mostly mingin' Avoid!!

Also listened to a guy from 4Tet on BBC 6 play his fav' tunes...maaan that guy is DULL, and kept putting 'annoying' glitchy bits all over the records he was playing...I'm sure it's art to somebody...but not me matey!!!

Hope you have a good week, I'm outta here!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index