91 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03
Sep 29, 2003, 11:09
Kate Bush –Lionheart
£5 bargain. Lovely to hear this without all the crackles of me old vinyl. Also watched the Whole Story video. Wow indeed. Kate is something else in these vids. Those eyes *sigh*

Captain Beefheart – Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller)
Do that floppy boot stomp y’all. Another £5 bargain.

Velvet Underground – Velvet Underground
Someone else mentioned this. Another recent cheapo purchase, and very nice it is too.

Kiosk – Stratospheric (7” vinyl)
A return to the great rock 7” singles! Donald’s band rock out in no uncertain terms. The Squidling’s love this one. Get a copy if you can...

Timothy Leary – the Psychedelic Experience
Remastered and on CD for the first time – the ultimate trip guide. Leary’s voice is as mesmeric as ever.

Brian Eno and Harold Budd – the Pearl
Late night chillage. Gorgeous treated piano sounds.

Blue Oyster Cult – Spectres, Secret Treaties & Tyranny and Mutation
Spectres kicks off with another Squidling fave, Godzilla. Monumental riff, wonderfully stoopid lyric. As for the others, I can’t stop listening to the tracks Flaming Telepaths and Astronomy.

Randy California – Kaptain Kopter
I think Joolio mentioned this this week. One of Randy’s finest moments and truly unsung. I love the version of Lennon/McCartney’s Rain, with some splendid backwards guitar.

Spirit – Potatoland
I want to get permission to do the follow up album suggested at the end of this – The Revenge of the French Fries. Fantastic long-banned, almost lost Spirit album. Mind you, I used to own a bootleg tape of this before the official release, and if memory serves it was much more raw and less produced.

T.Rex – the Slider
Been hitting the vinyl this week. I love the cover of this one.

Bob Marley – Natty Dread
More vinyl. Much neglected Bob album (people always seem to go for the live version of No Woman No Cry etc). Much recommended.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten some other good stuff too – it’s been a good week music-wise.

Peace and Noise,
Squid
x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index