Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03

91 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
242 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03
Sep 28, 2003, 23:30
I've gone overboard in buying cd's again. Got these through from amazon:
Can - Soon over babaluma. Pretty good. I personally like Karoli singing
Funkadelic - On the verge of getting it on. Pretty groovesome with plenty of guitar. Recommended by Nile Rogers (not personally) so I thought I'd check it out.
Neu - Neu. Had to see what all the fuss is about. Only heard it through a couple of times and like it so far, but need to hear it ore before I start waxing about it.

Got a few pieces from hmv's sale:
The Stooges - The stooges. Is this their debut album? Anyway, it is probably my find of the week. Produced by John Cale don't you know.
Echo and the Bunnymen - Ocean Rain. Not as good as crocodiles, but still pretty reasonable
The Smiths - The Smiths. Perhaps wasn't in the mood for it as I found it a bit dull. In a mean spirited mood I could find myself calling it crappy shoegazing lifeless indy crap, but hey I grew up loving them. Don't seem to like them as much now though.
DJ shadow - Private Press. Listening to it now. Does it for me.
Happy Mondays - Pills, thrills and bellyaches. a classic. had to get it on cd. having owned it on tape

Also listened to:
Duran Duran - Decade. Well there's no need to be like that! Got some great songs on it. My fav is 'view to a kill'
Psychedelic Furs - Psychedelic Furs. An intreguing mix of saxophone and punk sensibility. It works for me
Julian Cope - Fried. Enough said
Brian Eno - ambient 4. said how great this is enough times already
The Cure - 17 seconds. Plenty of good moments there.

is all
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index