Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03

91 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Beebon
1375 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 27/9/03
Sep 28, 2003, 20:19
Yo!

Sounds like u had a cool birthday mr cat! get any comics? :) Anyways, my week has been this stuff:

Neil Young - On The Beach
Neil Young - After The Goldrush
Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps

Well, been in a bit of a Neil Young mood this week, not listened to him for some time. On The Beach is easily an all time classic, downbeat but inspiring. After the Goldrush, being the soppy sap that i am at times nearly always makes me nearly cry, it's so full of emotional songs which mean a lot to me. Rust Never Sleeps being a new purchase and i think it's great! I heard it a couple of years back and remember i liked it, though never got around to getting a copy, cool stuff all round!

Gang Of Four - Entertainment! Still getting used to this one, very edgey, politically themed punk which grooves, definately like this.

Camper Van Beethoven - Tusk: Ah sent to me early in the week, certainly different from the original! Needs a few more listens yet but initial impressions are good :)

Johnny Cash - At San Quentin: Woah, got from HMV sale quite cheap. Very powerful performance which sends shivers down me spine in places. "I Still Miss Someone" i find very moving!

Thurston Moore - Psychic Hearts: Still listening to it loads!

Velvet Underground - Live 1969: This one is growing more and more and sounds sooo good after a beer or two or a coupla glasses of red wine :)

Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground: Ah, needed to listen to this one again, very moving in places and generally a dam fine album!

Black Sabbath - Sabotage: Yup this rocks! Downloaded it cos my vynil copy was SUPER scratched up almost to the point where u could hardly hear the music! Sympton Of The Universe rules maaaaan!

Brian Eno - Music For Airports: Hmm, just sounds like easy listening music to me still... really cant get into it. I really like everything else i have heard, this just isnt doing anything atm! :(

Vibracathedral Orchestra - And their spines crumble.... Tape i got from their website, cosmically tuned acoustic drone grooves. Cant be bad! :)

Van Der Graaf Generator - Godbluff: Still like and listening to it now in fact. Would love to see that DVD with them performing this along with A Plague Of Lighthouse Keepers. There's even some feedback at the end of one of the tracks! :)

Coil - Time Machines: Arrr good droney ambience, quite capable of losing your sence of time altogether :)

Bob Dylan Live 1966 Disc 2: Not heard this in AGES but glad i put it on again. This performance definately contains some true punk spirit.

Cujo - Adventures In Foam: Still really like this... some of the jazzy parts go on a bit, but this is some cool drum & bass.

Roni Size - New Forms: I do indeed really like this album, however, it would be better if it was a bit shorter. I just find my attention drifint to other things after a while. Despite that, it has some cool beats

Moondog - Moondog: Downloaded on the strength of Zos's coments last week. Definately ahead of it's time and a really interesting listening experience. The percussion almost sounds like the drum machine on the first Harmonia album to me!

Anyways, that's about all this week, hope you're all really bored now! :P
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index