Led Zep kick ass

276 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Re: Led Zep kick ass
Aug 02, 2015, 04:03
The "Presence" and "Coda" Super Deluxe Box Sets arrived yesterday and:

The Zeppelin has landed...Square on my head.

The companion disc of "Coda" is chock full of surprises, "Presence" sounds even better than it always did and I've read both hardcover books twice.

I drove in the sunshine cranking "Heartbreaker"/"Whole Lotta Love" and for a period of time, all life became one sunny, rockin', rollin' moment of pure joy where everything and nothing mattered at the same time.

My musical G-spot is currently a 12" x 12" rubber trampoline with Led Zeppelin bouncing harder and higher with every hour.

I don't listen to Led Zeppelin once in a blue moon, but I did last night when there was an actual one and it fucking ROCKED. Some magical sauvignon blanc aided and abetted cojoining with my Muse as it levitated, elevated and elated me like the crazy Motherfucker I am / right on for the real heads / And then I realised several things:

The sacred landscape IS
The origin of the world IS
The Muse.

The Source of all Muse-ic.
And love.

If god is love and love is blind, then Stevie Wonder must be god.

But if love is communication, then all art is love because it communicates...but only to those with an open heart, mind and soul.

And you gotta be tight -- but just as loose. Be all opposing principles of the Uni-Verse and never lose your centre.

I always return to this quote in the beginning of the Ritchie Yorke book on Zeppelin because it rings truer with each passing year. I think Led Zeppelin were:

"...dedicated to the notion that this music of ours can still be just like it used to be if we try to forget the horseshit and the hype and the hysteria and simply dig it for what it was.

And to sensitvity and serenity,
wherever they may be found..."

Led Zeppelin are occupying my larger mind in the biggest way imaginable and if their music was a woman? Forget about it -- I would kiss all five of her zones with every inch of my love, with love and pure gratitude.

Zep rant over. Over to you, Moon Cat, Morfe, HI DEN...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index