Shack

44 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Re: Shack
Jan 31, 2012, 11:16
There was supposed to be a new Mick Head solo album last year (as Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band). Unfortunately this never appeared and probably not likely to in the near future. Given that The Magical World Of The Strands was recorded circa 1992/3 and only surfaced in 1998, this is pretty much business as usual. John Head also had a solo album mooted to be released on Domino last year but looks like the deal fell through somewhere.
John has been quite busy with gigs over the last 12 months and Mick very sporadic on the live front culminating with a very unfortunate performance just before Christmas at an Addiction Awareness charity gig in Liverpool where, ironically, Mick had to be removed from the stage and admitted to hospital due to his 'otherworldy' state - despite members of Shack getting up to give him a bit of support. Mick is apparently doing fine and judging by the forum, Shack fans in witness to the event saw it of little immediate concern given his reputation for such occurences.
I last saw Shack at DeeBees in Winsford in 2010 which according to most sources was a final performace of sorts, though Mick was on fine form that evening with the only downside being Templo's seeming inability to play on a borrowed right-hand kit.
Pete Wilkinson is currently back with Cast (its funny because when he played with Shack recently he was always dubbed 'ex-Cast', ironic given he was with Shack for a few years before them).
I believe Templo is currently playing with Michael Mooney (ex Julian Cope/Spiritualised). The name of the band escapes me however.
I wouldn't expect we've heard the last of Mick and co, but like his hero Arthur Lee, it will be a long, patience sapping, erratic journey for fans (of which I am one, and still 'waiting patiently' to paraphrase the old Love tune)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index