Led Zep suck logs

245 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Punk
Jul 06, 2003, 02:40
I find the zep release thing horrible, hideous and sinister. Nearly as bad as Metallicas new 'san quentin' video for st anger, or Evanesence at number 1 and stuff. Wtf ? I fell asleep and old rock formulas came back to rule the world. help, help, help. Its like an 80's thing, but with metal. No fucking imagination and packaged rebellion instead of hair gel and make up (which was considerably more anti, but there ya go). Don't get me wrong I love my rock, and my punk, guess I'm too fucking old. I want to hear bands with some imagination, trying to push things further than the old cock rock thing, or the old goth rock thing, or the old grebo shite, or the predictable almost fucking psychedelic but not fucking quite of the fucking flaming fucking lips and Nick Caves last album was shite and Janes Addiction are now the whores of Bill Gates and trying desperately hard to push an imaginary fucking glam revival (ffs, Dave Navarro is wearing a Motley Crue T-Shirt on their new album cover, there's irony in this world, and then theres stupidity), and lets not talk about those fucking white stripes again or how blody important they all are and I really must use some fucking punctuation before my head explodes. And queens of the stone age, the name sez it all doesn't it, wheres the really fucking scary bands ? the really fucking interesting rock, is there any out there at all. I mean I've buried myself in Jeffrey Lewis's back catalog recently (who I love), I mean, fuck, help me, I'll be turning into a bloody record shop owner bitching at kids buying slipknot albums if I'm not too fucking careful. Gimme smoke, confron-fucking-tation, drugs (lots please) and bands that really terrify people. And not that fucking watered down kak imitation of alien sex fiend (marilyn manson), where the fuck have sheep on drugs gone.

Basically. All I need to know. Is one simple thing. Who did Steve Albini produce last ?

I'm off to break stuff.

And you see that fucking Metallica, bunch of fucking wussies, I could have em all, any day. Just bring it to my house mr hetfield I'll batter that shitty moustache right off yer face. Their 'down' with the boys in San Quentin, sorry, you're not fooling me, five minutes in the grounds with any of those guys and you'ld all be dead. Now, there's a happy image I can take to my bed with, bring on the violent nightmares. muhahahahahaha..
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index