U-Know! Forum »
who will entertain your moron?

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Re: sorry, you're loosing me
Apr 04, 2003, 16:05
“My point is this, if you accept that there is a point at which there is a need to disarm/depose a dictator or regime then you must be prepared to use military force”

Since when has it been proven? And what is the supposed evidence, it’s been reports and reports written by university students. That shoulda turned into a scandal as I thought but it didn’t and it wasn’t talked about later. Instead, the fiasco at the ‘evidence report meeting’ at the UN was swept under the carpet. There is simply no convincing evidence of the current state of affairs. That it happened to the Kurds does not mean he still has it or is ready to use it. He may well do but that’s not for you or me to judge, isn’t that what the UN was trying to do there, before Rumsfeld decided there was no time before the summer set in?

The US has NOT convinced the world that Saddam has any number of weapons of mass destruction. If at all, the world is now convinced the world that the US has and is willing to use them (i.e. cluster bombs) even in residential areas. We are dealing with serious illegal stuff here. We judge other countries but are not prepared to be judged. Censorship, artists banned and records are being destroyed in the US and yet, this is not considered ‘dictatorship’.

”Wrong, western parliamenatry democracy does not work in this way. If you want to influence your MP get off this board and start lobbying him/her - they may take some notice assuming you're old enough to vote. “

We’re on it, mate. Some of the MPs have already been resigning. If Blair had listened to the people then he might have turned into a more popular character. But I’ll stick to this board. Maybe I’ll make you change your mind at the end of the day.

And draw which line? Surveys before the war showed mass opposition to the war.

I am unconvinced by your arguments. You say you are against this war and then you say you justify it in the case of Saddam. Yet you or the US have no evidence.

Oh and, what’s wrong with a Queen? Are they also a threat in your opinion?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index