who will entertain your moron?

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Re: who will entertain your moron?
Apr 04, 2003, 12:31
“to answer you
no” I gather you mean ‘no, it is not justified’. ????

“it's a democracy - so when a government is voted in the elctorate do so in order that it governs.”
Even when public opinion’s against their actions? I thought democracy was exactly that! Or are we suggesting we are in a democracy but the actions of our governments right now are NOT democratic. In that case, aren’t they supposed to resign? Or at least listen to their people and act accordingly?

”Regards wishing American servicemen die in their sleep (a real possibility if that madman drops some mustard gas) is nothing but a fucking disgrace - shame on you.”
I didn’t say die in their sleep, did I? In fact, I would wish a far more painful death for them. Those people who laugh at dead people only deserve to die.

”How about answering my second question? you accept that pre emptive stikes may be necessary but don't tell me when - have you thought your anti war stance through”
Read again. I never said I accept pre emptive strikes as necessary. As a matter of fact, pre-emptive strikes ARE agression under a different name. And in this specific case there is no question that without a UN resolution, these strikes are merely an act of agression by the US and the UK governments. The rest has been put in the hands of generals who, in turn, send an army for killing. That’s about it. Is the rest of the population who isn’t a soldier or a politician supposed to nod in agreement?

”no I know nothing about military training, neither do you by the sound of it.”
Not my cup of tea to tell you the truth, there are far more interesting things to do in life. Still, in the course of my life I have met some really nice blokes in the Army and… many more really dubious characters too. I have always wondered what the hell they were doing there, in what’s supposed to be, a ‘killing profession’. And what’s more, why were they allowed to join in the first place? If it’s such a difficult profession, they shouldn’t allow but the most intelligent to join. If it’s just killing like an animal, then, yeah, I suppose you could give a kalashnikov to a drunken monkey as well.

”Regards taking photos of the corpses of Iraqi's as trophys - you have proof or just hearsay?”
I have more proof of it than you do of mustard gas.
It was a journalist’s report who’s spent a day or two with US marines and a cameraman at www.asahi.com. I trust this newspaper's reports as much as anyone else may trust, say, the CNN. At least it's not biased.

“I find it outrageous if true…”
Yes, at least we agree on that. So fucking outrageous that not only do I NOT support this war, but I have serious doubts about supporting any other wars led by psychologically-deranged people. What I also find disturbing is racism in the Army, thinking of the enemy as a sub-human species. Is that part of the training? I wonder how many terms for ‘Arab’ have already been invented in the course of this war?

”…but then I (and I suspect you)know nothing of the psychology of the battlefield.”
Heh, so you are suggesting it’s all *part of* the battlefield. That’s what I find pathetic. If a whole nation is put in charge of inept generals and soldiers then what have we become? It is a miserable thing to do to support a war BECAUSE the soldiers ARE there. What’s the point? They are doing their job, they’d go jump off a cliff if they were told to and we would still support them? So, in this case, not doing that and leaving a trail of destruction instead in a foreign country is supposed to be ‘acceptable’ . And at this precise moment, right after the suicide bombing, it gets pretty scary - now that they have the green light to shoot at any living thing they are basically killing civilians with impunity. We are still supposed to 'support' them.

Lots of people around the world have fought and lost their freedoms simply for refusing to join an army. This patriotic charade makes them and their efforts useless. If you’re going to kill for no reason, don’t do it in MY name, please.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index