U-Know! Forum »
Window Shop Against the War!!

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Window Shop Against the War!!
Mar 10, 2003, 15:40
Was brilliant, fab day had by all I was on the local news and I'm also in the Daily Echo Tonight so if any of you want a signed copy please ask!!

Seriously thou, the day went extremely well with 30 - 35 people, the picnic was cool - freezing cold and a tad damp and rainey, but it went well!!

Hope everyone else had a good old time at the weekend!
RiotGibbon
1527 posts

Re: Window Shop Against the War!!
Mar 11, 2003, 10:42
if you've got a write-up:
http://www.guilfin.net/reports/addreport.php3?id=evTSE6544

or any pictures:
http://www.guilfin.net/gallery/addpicture.php3?id=evTSE6544

sounds ace though ...

RG
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Mar 11, 2003, 11:08
I'll let you know. We were defiantely on the news but due to a situation beyond my control (I was being held hostage for Charity in the pub - only worth blinking £20, a beer mat and a pork scratchin!! Tut tight wads) I missed it, but I'll try and sort you out something from the local paper! There should be some photo's too which I'll send on to ya!

Great fun day and we'll be doing it again soon!

Nat x
RiotGibbon
1527 posts

Mar 11, 2003, 11:54
cool - so, no cold naked fear, wondering if the door was going to broken down then ...

http://www.guilfin.net/reports/?id=rwINET1845
Welford Pix

sorry folks, but we've had some pretty heavy legal advice, saying that the pictures from Welford contravene the Official Secrets Act and all that, and basically we can't afford any new front-doors or being thrown into a deep and slimey dungeon.

So, sorry, but we've removed them. Not our usual style, but there's limits to what we're prepared to put up with. Getting emails from irate promoters threatening to break our legs is one thing, but visits from Special Branch is another ...

so please don't put them back ...
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Mar 11, 2003, 13:00
I like the way that the site was so secret not even the army are allowed cameras there!

The OSA sucks sometimes ....

I remember an old friend going to GCHQ to tender for some building work and needing to look around a certain part of the buildings that would be adjacent to the new wing. The person showing him around said he couldn't go in there because it was A1 restricted (or something), so my mate said "well, I have full clearance! So let's go" ... the poor bugger showing him around didn't have enough clearance and they had to get someone else to take him around that bit.
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Mar 11, 2003, 13:01
cool - so, no cold naked fear, wondering if the door was going to broken down then ...

- You've lost me there RG!! I definately wasn't naked in the pub or on the demo, and I was outside!! ;o)

What a shame about blooming Special Branch tut, bet they look in here occasionally and monitor what we do and say.. blah blah blah... so hello Special Branch hope you have a lovely read! And yes I am the same Nat!! ;o)

Nat xxxx
U-Know! Forum Index