Adbusters - The Movie!!!

24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Re: but perhaps more importantly
Feb 24, 2003, 15:22
i did get off the original thread a bit - certainly i was relating the move to the country in a much more general sense, rather than advertising.

yay for unsustainable western culture, "when the system starts to crack we'll have to be ready to give it all back" - 15-20 years maybe, they'll all go nuclear though and soon to put off the final hour, i reckon, france generates 75% of it's power from nuclear, mind you don't know what leak/contamination stories there are over there, you'd have thought if there was our press would have loved it!!

going out to the country helping bit
you: the kind of work i do now doesn't happen in rural areas, there aren't offices with 1000+ computer users in. and the kind of work i'm a going to be doing is also generally urban related anger/stress management training
your family: apart from the fact that my kids live with their mum, they are black (or share their mums jamaican AND my white/jewish heritage) so living in any community where they are the only non white or even in a dramtically differentiated minority is not on and as soon as you get out in the country that is the way it is in this country. i may use less fossil fuels if i lived in the country, but i can try to do that wherever i am. I totally agree this does help society, the planet wherever you do it!

I think though i make a +ve impact in my community (those i work and spend time with) by relentlessly undermining the idea that money, the acquisition of a "nice" home and colour tv is the cheif aim of man - which i do try to do, except when eastenders is on or i have to pop out to b&q for some new home improvement quality durables!

yeah, live in the city, subvert the masses - mind you we are all different, you have a real passion for the oil related and other stuff you do, my passions lie in a different direction so it's natural that we think differently but seem actually to agree a lot too, which is cool

about fusion that's what i've heard too but i like said above i think they'll go nuclear, nasty but could be the only option the governments can actually manage to deliver which delivers big amounts of power in a relatively small sites, despite other renewable sources being viable there will still be loadsa nimbyism over wind farms, wave thingy bobs etc. and they can also make loadsa bomb materials too to sell to terrorists (under the counter) and then in turn try to terrorise us into supporting the oppression of the countries to whom they sold the stuff (same old, same old really, just different technology behind the imperial masque)

lovenpeacenick

agreed on the or somehting too!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index