Adbusters - The Movie!!!

24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

but perhaps more importantly
Feb 24, 2003, 03:02
My somewhat verbose response was a counterpoint to the points you made that i disagreed with. I agree with plenty of the stuff you say... "make the public think about the medium of advertising and what it does to your head. They should teach this in school", and the whole ethical consumer bit.

I also believe the only sane option that an individual can take is to move out of the city and try to live as self-sufficiently as possible, far from the consumer-babylon we've spawned (impractical though it may be).

I'm right with you on most of what you're saying, but i guess despite my pessimism, i still have a stubborn belief that individuals can "do good". Evading an overwhelming enemy might actually be the rational thing to do; but sometimes perhaps a show of outrage and defiance is important for it's own sake. Maybe spitting in the eye of consumerism is what we need to do just now? I dunno...

So yeah; don't take my argument as a criticism of where you're coming from in general. I just have a different stance on subvertising is all.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index