Schoolgirl Sues Over Detention

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Schoolgirl Sues Over Detention
Jan 08, 2003, 10:33
I happened to be in primary school at the time when corporal punishment was still allowed. Now, I recollect that in primary 4 (possibly three, even) - which for those of you outside Scotland is around the age of 7 or 8 - I had a mad old bitch of a teacher who belted me on three occaisions (the only occaisions in all my school days). First time was as part of a random selection of people from the class (literally names out of hat) to show her stiff shiny new length of leather. Another, was because a chair fell off of a desk which I was closest to at the end of the day (need I point out I never touched it). And, and this one gets to my point, once for 'smiling' in mass (catholic school - hence the deep tradition of sado-masochistic paedophilia).

Now, by the time I reached high school, I was an atheist. I like to think that this was a well considered philosophical positioning and love of science on my part. However, what if it was just an extreme psychological reaction to the belting? What if being punished for expressing joy during a religeous ceremony had twisted my mind and made me reject the good Lord God? And, - this is the crux of the matter - what if I am now damned to eternal torment? Do I have a good case for some recompense?

U-Know! Forum Index