Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited May 09, 2018, 08:14
Re: Speak Not
May 09, 2018, 08:13
sanshee wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43864133

**Meechan said: "This is a really dangerous precedent to set - for people to say things and their context to be completely ignored and then they can be convicted for it.

"You don't get to decide the context, other people don't get to decide the context, the court decides. That's dangerous."**

So a judge decides 'context is irrelevant'.

He said so.

EDIT: Interesting development.

https://www.gofundme.com/fund-the-count-dankula-appeal

In pursuing this utter nonsense, the Courts have managed to double his GoFundMe target. This travesty can now be played out with Big Guns Lawyers in Big Guns Publicity, thus giving lots of attention to the attention seeking Far Right.

The Authorities must now dig up Spike Milligan and run him through the courts as he regularly took the piss out of Hitler by dressing as him and doing Nazi salutes. It wasn't like he didn't know what he was doing or what his humour was aimed at. He wore swastikas and regalia. Just like our Royals did at parties until recently. I remember 40-odd years ago, a living room with my parents and an uncle and aunt (who'd fought in Europe and the Far East or worked in dangerous munitions factories) laughing their socks off at the Milligan stuff. They knew it was funny.

I remember a lovely clip the BBC used to show of the Nazi troops marching to music. They used a primitive analogue form of looping the footage to make the Nazis appear to be marching and dancing back and forth in time to inappropriate non-Nazi Muic.

I'm glad the guy has got so much GoFundMe and I hope this gets quashed and spat out like it deserves to be. Remember Ted and Dougal's objections to the Film "The Passion of Saint Tibulus"... the attendance rates sky-rocketed. British Explosives are being used to slaughter innocents in Yemen. Right now. Take those bast*rds to Court.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index