Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Gunboats ordered to protect our fish stocks
Mar 28, 2018, 22:03
Howburn Digger wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

Gawd help us. It'll be a running sore.

People really don't understand how the protection of national boundaries and resources is actually enforced. It is a border AKA "a running sore".

You have to enforce it.

You cannot put a sign on your front door which reads "Please do not come in and steal my stuff" and then leave your door open and when people come and steal your stuff... simply let them walk out the door with it. Well you can but most people don't want to live like that.

It is why there are tills, cameras, security etc in supermarkets.

It is why there are landlords and staff in pubs and the optics and pumps are kept on their side of the bar.

It is why The Banks put my money in a special box each night and lock it in their safe instead of leaving it by a door open to the High Street.

It is why Drug Dealers often keep enthusiastic dogs.

It is a dog-eat-dog world out there and some people may be happy to wear neutered poodle-flavoured underwear but not everyone is. Remember one death of a crewman was reported in a ramming during the 2nd Cod War. Many violent confrontations between fishermen and gunboats occured.

Is the theft and overt grabbing of the assets, resources and lives of other countries and people a natural state of the hearts of Mankind? Is there nothing we can do? Must we always be victims of the greedy and powerful? No! Of course there is something we can do to protect ourselves! Dr Martin Luther King Junior said in Newcastle, England on 13 November of 1967 "It may be true that The Law cannot make a man love me, but it can restrain him from lynching me - and I think that is pretty important - and so while The Law may not change the hearts of men, it does change the habits of men if it is vigorously enforced."

Vigorously enforce the protection of our national assets - or give them away without a whimper. We do have a very expensive Navy but haven't had a Cod War since the 1970's - so what the heck were we paying them to do with all them ships all that time? Just waltz around The World on holidays?

10 out of 10 HD.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index