Julian Cope presents Head Heritage

Head To Head
Log In
Register
U-Know! Forum »
The Naysayers.....
Log In to post a reply

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3314 posts

Edited Jul 12, 2017, 11:23
Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 09:42
I know I've been given specific instructions by our dear Moss (genuinely wishing her a speedy recovery from her temporary disability) not to wind you up and yes, I do know you won't respond to this. Nevertheless, I'm not going let you get away with your own version of 'stirring the pot'. Roy's words, not mine.

I think we all know Nigel was referring to "A Lady In Waiting" written by Roy Goutte, published 2009. Roy referred to it extensively on TMA and was even kind enough to send me a signed copy.
nigelswift
7401 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 09:55
We have 2 books pending but the one published was mine but not in English. I am not getting involved as it's blindingly obvious what's going on here with you two but if either of you persist, I WILL retaliate with a review of Sanctuary's book, which I've read and which puts forward a ludicrous crank theory about Silbury.

Just stop.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5381 posts

Edited Jul 12, 2017, 12:02
Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 11:54
nigelswift wrote:
...I WILL retaliate with a review of Sanctuary's book, which I've read and which puts forward a ludicrous crank theory about Silbury.


Well, the review by tjj here and that by Runemage on the Portal here would indicate otherwise (that Sanctuary's book ‘puts forward a ludicrous crank theory about Silbury.’).

tjj writes in her review -

“This is not an alternative Story of Silbury Hill, however; Roy makes an credible case for the Avebury Complex being a carefully thought out neolithic Female Earth Figure, the purpose of which was a gateway to the afterlife. He links the component parts of the Avebury Complex including the Ridgeway, the Sanctuary, the Great Circle, West Kennet and Beckhampton Avenues; Silbury Hill (as the figure in child) and the Swallowhead Springs/River Kennet - as the (re)birth canal and gateway to the afterlife. I found Roy’s chapter on the Swallowhead Springs particularly moving.”

While Runemage writes -

"All of his arguments make sense and they are based on archaeological findings as well as his own attempts to ‘think Neolithic’. He has made great efforts to try and determine not only what the monuments and the complex as a whole would have meant to the builders, but what incentives they would have needed to make such gargantuan physical and mental efforts to build them in the first place."
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4647 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 15:18
tjj wrote:
I know I've been given specific instructions by our dear Moss (genuinely wishing her a speedy recovery from her temporary disability) not to wind you up and yes, I do know you won't respond to this. Nevertheless, I'm not going let you get away with your own version of 'stirring the pot'. Roy's words, not mine.

I think we all know Nigel was referring to "A Lady In Waiting" written by Roy Goutte, published 2009. Roy referred to it extensively on TMA and was even kind enough to send me a signed copy.



d.) If I'd written a book (which I have) and promoted it loudly on here in 2010 that might be different, don't you think?

June, what on earth are you talking about, what on earth has this got to do with one of my own books? Nigel said (as seen above) that he had written a book and had he promoted it here in 2010 that might be different. Where does my book come into this as I've not mentioned it, only showing an interest in his own book.
I'm afraid we don't all know that this was about A Lady in Waiting, least of all me and I'm very disappointed in you for suggesting that.
I'm afraid that I can only assume that you are colluding with Nigel again and he is feeding you information as every time his back is against the wall you step in like a mother hen. You'll be changing his nappy soon!
tjj
tjj
3314 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 15:38
Sanctuary wrote:
tjj wrote:
I know I've been given specific instructions by our dear Moss (genuinely wishing her a speedy recovery from her temporary disability) not to wind you up and yes, I do know you won't respond to this. Nevertheless, I'm not going let you get away with your own version of 'stirring the pot'. Roy's words, not mine.

I think we all know Nigel was referring to "A Lady In Waiting" written by Roy Goutte, published 2009. Roy referred to it extensively on TMA and was even kind enough to send me a signed copy.



d.) If I'd written a book (which I have) and promoted it loudly on here in 2010 that might be different, don't you think?

June, what on earth are you talking about, what on earth has this got to do with one of my own books? Nigel said (as seen above) that he had written a book and had he promoted it here in 2010 that might be different. Where does my book come into this as I've not mentioned it, only showing an interest in his own book.
I'm afraid we don't all know that this was about A Lady in Waiting, least of all me and I'm very disappointed in you for suggesting that.
I'm afraid that I can only assume that you are colluding with Nigel again and he is feeding you information as every time his back is against the wall you step in like a mother hen. You'll be changing his nappy soon!


Do I care that you are disappointed in me (hahaha)? Do I care you feel the need to answer for Littlestone because he won't? Do I care you think I'm colluding with Nigel? (And I won't dignify your final sentence with any sort of acknowledgement). The answer is NO Roy, I do not.
Patronise, diminish and insult away - you will not get the reaction you are hoping for.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4647 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 16:01
nigelswift wrote:
We have 2 books pending but the one published was mine but not in English. I am not getting involved as it's blindingly obvious what's going on here with you two but if either of you persist, I WILL retaliate with a review of Sanctuary's book, which I've read and which puts forward a ludicrous crank theory about Silbury.

Just stop.


That's the second time you have threatened someone here Nigel and I think it is you that should stop. You threatened Moss a few weeks back if she carried on discussing something that happened between you and Littlestone and now you're threatening me. I can put up with you but you should be ashamed of yourself putting pressure on a lady. You are a disgrace and a coward sir.

Feel free to review my very successful book which met with some excellent reviews and embarrass yourself yet again for making a fool of yourself by denigrating a published author for having a viewpoint that didn't fall in line with your way of thinking. It's the dowsing/ley lines/crop circle thing all over again isn't it. Nigel doesn't agree so it has to be rubbish so let's belittle the poor deluded sods involved and get them booted out or so disheartened in the forum they don't feel welcome and leave.

Just look at TMA everyone. A shadow of it's former self destroyed by this type of demeaning behaviour.

Or, just look the other way and see it deteriorate even faster.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4647 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 16:09
tjj wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
tjj wrote:
I know I've been given specific instructions by our dear Moss (genuinely wishing her a speedy recovery from her temporary disability) not to wind you up and yes, I do know you won't respond to this. Nevertheless, I'm not going let you get away with your own version of 'stirring the pot'. Roy's words, not mine.

I think we all know Nigel was referring to "A Lady In Waiting" written by Roy Goutte, published 2009. Roy referred to it extensively on TMA and was even kind enough to send me a signed copy.



d.) If I'd written a book (which I have) and promoted it loudly on here in 2010 that might be different, don't you think?

June, what on earth are you talking about, what on earth has this got to do with one of my own books? Nigel said (as seen above) that he had written a book and had he promoted it here in 2010 that might be different. Where does my book come into this as I've not mentioned it, only showing an interest in his own book.
I'm afraid we don't all know that this was about A Lady in Waiting, least of all me and I'm very disappointed in you for suggesting that.
I'm afraid that I can only assume that you are colluding with Nigel again and he is feeding you information as every time his back is against the wall you step in like a mother hen. You'll be changing his nappy soon!


Do I care that you are disappointed in me (hahaha)? Do I care you feel the need to answer for Littlestone because he won't? Do I care you think I'm colluding with Nigel? (And I won't dignify your final sentence with any sort of acknowledgement). The answer is NO Roy, I do not.
Patronise, diminish and insult away - you will not get the reaction you are hoping for.


Good - silence is golden.
tjj
tjj
3314 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 16:11
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
We have 2 books pending but the one published was mine but not in English. I am not getting involved as it's blindingly obvious what's going on here with you two but if either of you persist, I WILL retaliate with a review of Sanctuary's book, which I've read and which puts forward a ludicrous crank theory about Silbury.

Just stop.


That's the second time you have threatened someone here Nigel and I think it is you that should stop. You threatened Moss a few weeks back if she carried on discussing something that happened between you and Littlestone and now you're threatening me. I can put up with you but you should be ashamed of yourself putting pressure on a lady. You are a disgrace and a coward sir.



This is pathetic Roy. Nigel threatened no one, least of all Moss. I seem to recall that particular interaction and Moss is more than able to hold her own ... and then some. I'm sure she won't thank you for doing the 'little woman' thing in her name.

Bowing out now. Things to get on with in the kitchen.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4647 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 16:21
tjj wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
We have 2 books pending but the one published was mine but not in English. I am not getting involved as it's blindingly obvious what's going on here with you two but if either of you persist, I WILL retaliate with a review of Sanctuary's book, which I've read and which puts forward a ludicrous crank theory about Silbury.

Just stop.


That's the second time you have threatened someone here Nigel and I think it is you that should stop. You threatened Moss a few weeks back if she carried on discussing something that happened between you and Littlestone and now you're threatening me. I can put up with you but you should be ashamed of yourself putting pressure on a lady. You are a disgrace and a coward sir.



This is pathetic Roy. Nigel threatened no one, least of all Moss. I seem to recall that particular interaction and Moss is more than able to hold her own ... and then some. I'm sure she won't thank you for doing the 'little woman' thing in her name.

Bowing out now. Things to get on with in the kitchen.


Careful June, Nigel will accuse you of flouncing out :-)
nigelswift
7401 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 16:46
tjj wrote:
Bowing out now. Things to get on with in the kitchen.


Come to the Avebury meet June, first or second Sunday in August.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index