Julian Cope presents Head Heritage

Head To Head
Log In
Register
U-Know! Forum »
The Naysayers.....
Log In to post a reply

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
7434 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 09, 2017, 09:16
BTW, I'd like to answer just one of the many personal insults. It's this (from the other thread) which refers to "your journal that you keep advertising on these forums". To be clear,

a.) it's not my Journal b.) It is run for a purpose that has nothing to do with the personal financial interests of the contributors c.) If I shouldn't mention it then it's up to everyone here and the Eds to say so, not one person and d.) If I'd written a book (which I have) and promoted it loudly on here in 2010 that might be different, don't you think?
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2493 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 11, 2017, 13:17
thesweetcheat wrote:
There are many ways to "support your country". Not all of which involve throwing it blindly over a cliff on the basis of a nebulous but never explained or articulated belief that it will be better for everyone.

You are bitter that no-one will thank you for happening to be on the side that got the most votes (you've said so often enough) and that we won't sign up to your vision of a brighter tomorrow, even though you won't tell anyone of us what it entails or how we are supposed to get there.

People questioning and challenging something that has every ingredient to make it the biggest disaster to affect the country in my lifetime is not a lack of interest in the wellbeing of the nation, in fact it's the precise opposite. If we weren't deeply concerned about Britain's future we wouldn't bother, we'd just let you chuck us over the edge without caring what happens.

You say we should get behind it, but constantly call us losers and yourself a winner.

I'm not bitter, I'm deeply, deeply concerned about our future. You can crow all you want over your Pyhrric victory, the number of people who voted one way or another doesn't really matter. It has already costs millions and divided the country in a way that is unlikely to be healed for years to come.


Support your country by all means but leave my one out of it. This is another good reason for independence.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
870 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 11, 2017, 17:41
Interesting that this 'deal' is being compared to TTIP which a number of people used as their reason for voting leave last year. They've been remarkably silent over this, possibly regretting their decision now TTIP is pretty much ended?
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4703 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 11, 2017, 18:54
nigelswift wrote:
BTW, I'd like to answer just one of the many personal insults. It's this (from the other thread) which refers to "your journal that you keep advertising on these forums". To be clear,

a.) it's not my Journal b.) It is run for a purpose that has nothing to do with the personal financial interests of the contributors c.) If I shouldn't mention it then it's up to everyone here and the Eds to say so, not one person and d.) If I'd written a book (which I have) and promoted it loudly on here in 2010 that might be different, don't you think?


Excellent, a fellow author. What is it called and who published it as I will look it up?
nigelswift
7434 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 07:26
As if.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4703 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 07:57
nigelswift wrote:
As if.


As if what?

I only asked for details about your book, what's wrong with that? If it's interesting I may like to buy one just like any other book.

Never mind I'll just look you up in the authors guide.
Rhiannon
5228 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 08:05
"I’m done with both of you now but will be forwarding you some properties for rent and sale in Europe as I know you can’t wait to leave these shores.


Au revoir
Auf Wiedersehen
Arrivederci
Adios
Ya su"

Welcome Back!
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4703 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 08:15
Rhiannon wrote:
"I’m done with both of you now but will be forwarding you some properties for rent and sale in Europe as I know you can’t wait to leave these shores.


Au revoir
Auf Wiedersehen
Arrivederci
Adios
Ya su"

Welcome Back!


Good try at stirring the pot but you obviously didn't notice it was to reply to another thread being mentioned and not to the one I was leaving behind?
nigelswift
7434 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 08:25
Sanctuary wrote:
I’m done with both of you now



Jesus. QED




Hi Rhiannon. Lovely morning.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5384 posts

Re: The Naysayers.....
Jul 12, 2017, 09:19
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
As if.


As if what?

I only asked for details about your book, what's wrong with that? If it's interesting I may like to buy one just like any other book.

Never mind I'll just look you up in the authors guide.


Listed here in 2009. Authors Paul Barford and Nigel Swift. It appears not to have been published some eight years on, though March 2018 is given as the future date of publication.

Perhaps the authors might like to take a leaf out of one of your eleven books (five of which I believe were self-published) Mr S and self-publish theirs. :-)
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index