Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Ireland threatening to block Brexit deal ....

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: Ireland... Tories threaten Good Friday Agreement to be tossed out on Blue Bin day.
Jun 30, 2017, 12:04
I've already proved those expenses are historically within the normal UK-NI expenditures...
Sorry....NOT a bribe...just the cost of doing business and politics as usual.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Ireland... Tories threaten Good Friday Agreement to be tossed out on Blue Bin day.
Jun 30, 2017, 12:17
No, as I've explained, more normal in the States, less so here. Hence the row here (not just by TMA but by tens of millions of people of all political persuasions). NI already got far more subsidies than it's size and condition warranted, this is on top of that. A bribe, representing 40% of the NHS deficit.
Wrong by any measure.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jun 30, 2017, 16:32
Jun 30, 2017, 12:17
dhajjieboy wrote:
I've already proved those expenses are historically within the normal UK-NI expenditures...

Seems like the DUP spent all that time negotiating for nothing if that 1.5 billion was just par for the course...
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 12:22
Quite.
If you have a Prime Minister over a barrel and demand £1.5 bn to let her go it's NOT normal politics.
And when it's done by one of the most socially backward parties in the Western world it's really not on.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 12:26
Sin Agog wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:

Seems like the DUP spent all that time negotiating for nothing if that 1.5 billion was just part for the course...

Well...you should have no problem proving that those amounts of money {1.5 Billion...the figure that's being bandied here..} are not within historical norms between the UK and Northern Ireland...
Please don't be a doosh and use Russian media links to try and prove your case...
Thanks.
Also...regarding GFA...
Peace can't be bought.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 12:30
Yeah....
But {to quote a dooshy remark further back in que..} the "Sainted" Jeremy Corbyn is Not the prime minister,
Theresa May is.
That's how the Referendum vote went down.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 12:36
dhajjieboy wrote:
Yeah....
But {to quote a dooshy remark further back in que..} the "Sainted" Jeremy Corbyn is Not the prime minister,
Theresa May is.
That's how the Referendum vote went down.

Again, you fail to understand a transatlantic difference. US Presidents, even sexist bombasts, are owed a degree of ex officio respect, UK PMs, less so. It's the way it works. So people are free to respect Corbyn far more than May if they wish, irrespective of their offices. Vive la difference.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 12:44
I'm sure if you say so, then you must be speaking for the entire UK...
But i doubt that very much.
Anyhoo...i rather believe that Madam May will persevere even without your support.
And Nigel...your very likely to catch cold with your nose in the air like that all the time...at your age, you could catch your death !
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 12:45
Also...regarding GFA...
Peace can't be bought.

Oh but it can. Bucket loads of American and British money was poured in for that purpose. It's still rocky though and this new tranche could rock the balance.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 12:49
Alzheimer's related
We've the patient sedated.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index