Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Ireland threatening to block Brexit deal ....

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Ireland threatening to block Brexit deal ....
Jun 27, 2017, 14:36
https://skwawkbox.org/2017/06/22/breaking-ireland-will-block-brexit-deal-if-maydup-deal-goes-ahead/

No disrespect to N.I. but this 1.5 billion bribe to the DUP is beyond the pale. Why don't they just Go Now before the revolution begins.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2017, 16:48
Re: Ireland threatening to block Brexit deal ....
Jun 27, 2017, 16:41
"before the revolution begins"

When is that kicking off...???
Will it be properly Violent...???
What will be the 'Revolutionaries' manifesto....???
Who will spearhead it...???
Where will it begin...????
Can i watch it on TV...???
Why is a 'Revolution' needed...????

All i hear is the sound of a lot of punctured tires hissing away the air that sustains them.

Anyway....i'm here to tell you...there is not going to be a 'Revolution' until the 'benefits' checks stop arriving in the post.
Believe it.
By then there will be nothing left to rebuild what was torn down in the 'Revolution'.
Anyhoo....
don't let ole' Dhajjie stop you.

Edit:
2 last questions....
Will the 'Bad guys' be wearing foppish red-coat uniforms during this 'Revolution' again...???
Will the 'Good guys' be dressed from head to toe in acres of 'Village People' looking leather outfits...???{will that outrage PETA...???}
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 27, 2017, 16:53
Please read this link quoting Noam Chomsky on 'Revolutions'...

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/u_know/topic/74821/threaded/937541
carol27
747 posts

Jun 27, 2017, 19:35
A " revolution " in this country Dhaji, as I'm sure you know, would mean
the voting in of Jeremy Corbyn. In Ireland the threatening of the Good Friday agreement could lead to major unrest ( an extremely backward & cynical step committed by a pathetic, self interested government). Is civil unrest the same as revolution? What's the obsession with benefit recipients? Are they really all bone idle scroungers? Come on..
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2017, 19:51
Jun 27, 2017, 19:50
Particularly given the fact that a record number of working families in the UK are in poverty.

https://www.jrf.org.uk/press/work-poverty-hits-record-high-housing-crisis-fuels-insecurity

Incomes in Britain are suffering year on year from real terms decreases (when measured against cost of living increases).

But the Tories can find £1.5 billion to bribe the DUP into propping them up.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jun 27, 2017, 20:37
carol27 wrote:
the voting in of Jeremy Corbyn. In Ireland the threatening of the Good Friday agreement could lead to major unrest ( an extremely backward & cynical step committed by a pathetic, self interested government). Is civil unrest the same as revolution? What's the obsession with benefit recipients? Are they really all bone idle scroungers? Come on..

Thanks for articulating what I meant Carol, can't be bothered responding to Dhajji - we're never going to see eye to eye on principle. If you're reading this D - I was speaking figuratively i.e. figurative language is language that uses words or expressions with a meaning that is different from the literal interpretation ... just in case you need further clarification.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Jun 27, 2017, 21:05
carol27 wrote:
A " revolution " in this country Dhaji, as I'm sure you know, would mean the voting in of Jeremy Corbyn. In Ireland the threatening of the Good Friday agreement could lead to major unrest ( an extremely backward & cynical step committed by a pathetic, self interested government). Is civil unrest the same as revolution? What's the obsession with benefit recipients? Are they really all bone idle scroungers? Come on..

A "revolution" in this country Dhaji, as I'm sure you know, would mean the voting in of Jeremy Corbyn...

Sadly I'm not sure that would represent a revolution. Don't get me wrong; I'd swap the current UK government for Corbyn's Labour in a heartbeat. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a massive improvement. But I wouldn't consider him genuinely revolutionary.

For a start, I just can't get enthusiastic about any pro-brexit politician. In fact, brexit makes me so bloody angry (a sentiment shared by a fairly sizable majority here in Ireland, right across the political spectrum) I'm trying to avoid discussing it too much on the internet. So maybe I'll just skip that...

Aside from that though, Corbyn's got a lot going for him and he does have some genuinely Old School Left Wing policies in his manifesto, which is fantastic to see. But he's still -- for me -- a few pamphlets short of a full revolution (even given a metaphorical use of the word).

Again though, to reiterate - he's a big step in the right direction.

---------------------

PS: Appropriately enough, today's article at On This Deity (penned by yours truly... shameless self-promo :-) is about a revolutionary organisation formed almost the same time as the UK Labour Party, and one which shared most of the same goals.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 27, 2017, 22:21
carol27 wrote:

Hi Carol,
I'm pretty sure my description of what a 'Revolution' would be comprised of, and what would kick it off, is actually far more accurate than simply {as you say}"the voting in of Jeremy Corbyn"...
To me that notion is laughably naive...
It really doesn't matter who gets the leadership in the current paradigm, anyone in the prime ministers seat, or the Presidents for that matter is constrained by the same limited funds and resources as the next poor bastard willing to shoulder the task...
I don't believe in Messiah's or myrical workers...Corbyn is just another politician who has mastered saying what his constituents want to hear.
I know the states is 20{+++} Trillion dollars in debt...i doubt that the UK is far behind per/capita.
{My understanding is that all the gold reserves that the United states owns is essentially worth less than 2 Trillion, between the treasury in New York and Fort Knox together....}{We are essentially, by any standard of measure..."BANKRUPT"...}{So are all of YOU.}
What any government currently has left to work with is invariably going to be spent on bolstering the current equilibrium {and desperately hoping to improve it..}....NOT on promise delivery of more 'benefits'.
Any resources that are left, as an imperative, need to be directed towards keeping societies infrastructures intact...{OR paying back STAGGERING debt owed to CHINA...for fuck's sake.}
{Also, China wants its debts paid in gold bullion..they know how worthless our currencies actually are.}
That's a natural fact.
In a world that has nigh on 8 BILLION self centered son's of bitches...
Austerity is the future that we all have bought upon ourselves.
Like i said...when the checks stop arriving...and that is a certainty...the 'Revolution' will then begin....
It's ....Always.... the empty stomachs that kick it off.

There really is only 2 choices...austerity measures or complete bankruptcy to the point of government shutdown, and the checks not arriving in the post...
If that's your idea of "obsession with benefits recipients"...well so be it..
I just think {at least at this point}, that my version of 'how things currently are' is a little more candid than yours.

And what would Dhajjie do about it all....?
Go back to the drawing board and rewrite ALL the rules....
Democracy does not work in its current fashion.
It is a beautiful thing in small cultured societies...WE are no longer that by any stretch of the imagination as a collective species....
Thinking locally with the same worn out schism mentalities has not worked out throughout the centuries...let alone in this world where everyone thinks they know better than the next.
Nothing Corbyn has up his sleeve, hasn't been tried before.
You all best get workin' together RIGHT NOW.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 27, 2017, 22:28
dhajjieboy wrote:
carol27 wrote:

Hi Carol,
I'm pretty sure my description of what a 'Revolution' would be comprised of, and what would kick it off, is actually far more accurate than simply {as you say}"the voting in of Jeremy Corbyn"...
To me that notion is laughably naive...
It really doesn't matter who gets the leadership in the current paradigm, anyone in the prime ministers seat, or the Presidents for that matter is constrained by the same limited funds and resources as the next poor bastard willing to shoulder the task...
I don't believe in Messiah's or myrical workers...Corbyn is just another politician who has mastered saying what his constituents want to hear.
I know the states is 20{+++} Trillion dollars in debt...i doubt that the UK is far behind per/capita.
{My understanding is that all the gold reserves that the United states owns is essentially worth less than 2 Trillion, between the treasury in New York and Fort Knox together....}{We are essentially, by any standard of measure..."BANKRUPT"...}{So are all of YOU.}
What any government currently has left to work with is invariably going to be spent on bolstering the current equilibrium {and desperately hoping to improve it..}....NOT on promise delivery of more 'benefits'.
Any resources that are left, as an imperative, need to be directed towards keeping societies infrastructures intact...{OR paying back STAGGERING debt owed to CHINA...for fuck's sake.}
{Also, China wants its debts paid in gold bullion..they know how worthless our currencies actually are.}
That's a natural fact.
In a world that has nigh on 8 BILLION self centered son's of bitches...
Austerity is the future that we all have bought upon ourselves.
Like i said...when the checks stop arriving...and that is a certainty...the 'Revolution' will then begin....
It's ....Always.... the empty stomachs that kick it off.

There really is only 2 choices...austerity measures or complete bankruptcy to the point of government shutdown, and the checks not arriving in the post...
If that's your idea of "obsession with benefits recipients"...well so be it..
I just think {at least at this point}, that my version of 'how things currently are' is a little more candid than yours.

And what would Dhajjie do about it all....?
Go back to the drawing board and rewrite ALL the rules....
Democracy does not work in its current fashion.
It is a beautiful thing in small cultured societies...WE are no longer that by any stretch of the imagination as a collective species....
Thinking locally with the same worn out schism mentalities has not worked out throughout the centuries...let alone in this world where everyone thinks they know better than the next.
Nothing Corbyn has up his sleeve, hasn't been tried before.
You all best get workin' together RIGHT NOW.

Well said Dhajjie...
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 27, 2017, 23:16
Thanks....
I like to think that i'm slightly more informed than the likes of 'Skwawkbox' has to offer...
Or many of the other {uncontested, except by Dhajjie} 'Proof' resources offered up around these parts as of late...
People believe what they wanna' believe.
I do not 'believe' in anything except incontrovertible fact.
That's my religion...facts and absolutes.
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index