Kate Tempest

7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2017, 10:14
Re: Kate Tempest
Jun 27, 2017, 10:07
I loved her storytelling; describing each characters experience as they sit or lie awake in their flats at 4:18 in the morning & how those lives become interwoven as they break free into the streets. It's the glorious joyousness & fury & fantastic articulation with which she describes the way it is today for some people. Oh, to be so eloquent! The musical bits aren't really my thing but it didn't matter. She reminded me a little of Janis Joplin; only to look at & the way she moved. She won the Ted Hughes award in 2013. I'm starting to read her. A good girl:)
There's a danger i think in edifying Corbyn too much, it makes me wary, but I don't think he'd want that either. I think he's got where he has by simply being honest & true to his beliefs; being steadfast & decisive; by being intelligent, articulate & compassionate. For some bizarre reason these characteristics seem to be those that will render him a weak, ineffectual leader according to some. I think a lot of people, especially the young see through this bullshit now.
If I thought that May & her ilk could learn lessons from how it feels to be hunted I'd perhaps have a modicum of sympathy but I doubt they will. Buying up the DUP & risking all that that entails proves this to me. They most likely believe that they are saving the country from the horrors of a Corbyn government as they see it or are they just desperate to maintain their own interests at any cost. Of course she's got to try & save face having orchestrated this fiasco; but why not be the better person & show some humility. Even the bloody Queen had to climb down on the Diana furore; not that I give a shit. I'm aware that at times I'm as bitter & twisted as they are. Ain't healthy. It's all about love...as per. I must remember :)
And no, of course it can't all be laid at one woman's door but I don't care i want them out. So many deaths recently, so much suffering in so many different ways for so many different reasons..all over the world. HumanKIND:)
Keep well tjj.

U-Know! Forum Index