7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jun 16, 2017, 17:24
Re: Gods of Irony having a massive laugh
Jun 16, 2017, 16:24
I doubt their owners would mourn too much for their beloved hounds should they have to be put down. Hunting dogs are almost as big a victim of fox-hunting as the foxes themselves, with most of them being prematurely ended after a few years and replaced with a meaner, leaner batch. Lovely sport, though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thousands-healthy-foxhounds---including-6061265

EDIT: Also remember reading somewhere that more actual foxes are dying since the fox-hunting ban, as trapping has stepped up a gear, and that involves indiscriminately killing any fox who happens to step into one, rather than just those not strong enough to get away from the hunt with their hide intact. It's all totally grotty, and maybe we should look into the whole affair a little deeper, rather than just allaying our consciences with a hunting ban and imagining it's all rosy.

I was out star gazing in the South Downs a few nights ago and got completely strong-armed into buggering off by a group of laddie farmers who I could see had two fox corpses in the back of their land rover.

U-Know! Forum Index