Julian Cope presents Head Heritage

Head To Head
Log In
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Dear Eds
Log In to post a reply

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4705 posts

Re: Dear Eds
Jun 21, 2017, 17:52
If you guys don't lighten up the Ed's will be locking this thread next :-)
tjj
tjj
3358 posts

Edited Jun 21, 2017, 21:40
Re: Dear Eds
Jun 21, 2017, 21:13
dhajjieboy wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
;)


Dammit Nigel !!!

You've completely ruined the wink-ee emogicon forever for me now...
I shall never be able to see it again without thinking ...Smug, Hypocritical, cunt...!

Darn it !


I seem to recall someone called Markoid was banned over on TMA for similar insults. Added to which all the unnecessary and inappropriate ageist remarks. Do you really believe just because others don't join in they aren't reading this.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5878 posts

Re: Dear Eds
Jun 21, 2017, 23:01
tjj wrote:

I seem to recall someone called Markoid was banned over on TMA for similar insults. Added to which all the unnecessary and inappropriate ageist remarks. Do you really believe just because others don't join in they aren't reading this.


The Dodge One account was banned from here for the same behaviour we are seeing now. I can only assume the moderators were giving a second chance by allowing the current version.
nigelswift
7435 posts

Edited Jun 22, 2017, 07:40
Re: Dear Eds
Jun 22, 2017, 07:38
Personally I wouldn't want anyone banned for ageism towards me, I'm far too old to be troubled by it. (And even oldies can do stuff - like getting 8 threads unlocked).
On the other hand, if the Eds at least felt someone's collar for spending years converting an otherwise mainly interesting forum into a cesspit so be it.
Myers
Myers
150 posts

Re: Dear Eds
Jun 22, 2017, 13:09
Sin Agog wrote:
I just suggested it because we're dealing with a guy who's been in the middle of a slow-burn bullying campaign here for years, and yet is pretty goshdarn good at making out like he's the injured party. The eds do know he was dodge one, right? If they permanently banned him, then shirley that carries over to dhaj two? Doesn't KC or Vybik or someone have some magical powers here?


is he Dodge one? I never really had an issue with Dodge, this guy seems to be on another level.

Though I came in not long before Dodge went, so may have missed the shit storm.
Kid Calamity
8944 posts

Edited Jun 22, 2017, 15:58
Re: Dear Eds
Jun 22, 2017, 15:44
Speaking for myself, I had no truck with Dodge One, either - and while I'm at it, don't really have any gripe with Dhajiboy, either.

I don't think they are the same person, unless I was told a fib on emailing the chap who was using the Dodge One moniker, a couple of years ago. He denied he was now Dhajiboy. And, no I won't spill the beans on his real name or email address.

Dodge One was very complimentary about my musical pursuits, as I recall - and was one of a small handful from this forum who even tuned into a live BBC radio session we did, from the US.

I'm sure, over time we all rub each other up the wrong way, every now and then. Unless it's really personal nasty stuff i don't hold grudges. And trust me, I really do know what personal and nasty stuff is these days. I've probably missed the key vital threads where he'd irked somebody or other. Maybe he was a bit heavy handed in retaliating or something. I don't know. I've clearly missed something. What I have seen, however, is Lawrence ambushing him and destroying discussions that were going just fine and were up until then throwing up some interesting points.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4705 posts

Re: Dear Eds
Jun 22, 2017, 16:40
Kid Calamity wrote:
Speaking for myself, I had no truck with Dodge One, either - and while I'm at it, don't really have any gripe with Dhajiboy, either.

I don't think they are the same person, unless I was told a fib on emailing the chap who was using the Dodge One moniker, a couple of years ago. He denied he was now Dhajiboy. And, no I won't spill the beans on his real name or email address.

Dodge One was very complimentary about my musical pursuits, as I recall - and was one of a small handful from this forum who even tuned into a live BBC radio session we did, from the US.

I'm sure, over time we all rub each other up the wrong way, every now and then. Unless it's really personal nasty stuff i don't hold grudges. And trust me, I really do know what personal and nasty stuff is these days. I've probably missed the key vital threads where he'd irked somebody or other. Maybe he was a bit heavy handed in retaliating or something. I don't know. I've clearly missed something. What I have seen, however, is Lawrence ambushing him and destroying discussions that were going just fine and were up until then throwing up some interesting points.


Sensible and balanced post KC that I totally agree with. I also have no problem with dhajji, but people who have should be sensible enough to know when to stop playing head-tennis with him. When they don't (one purposely) its obvious that the ulterior motive is to get the Ed's to bin him. Hopefully they'll see through that little ploy and dhajji will also get the message and be a little less abrasive at times.
Popel Vooje
5320 posts

Edited Jun 23, 2017, 15:20
Re: Dear Eds
Jun 22, 2017, 16:54
Kid Calamity wrote:
Speaking for myself, I had no truck with Dodge One, either - and while I'm at it, don't really have any gripe with Dhajiboy, either.

I don't think they are the same person, unless I was told a fib on emailing the chap who was using the Dodge One moniker, a couple of years ago. He denied he was now Dhajiboy. And, no I won't spill the beans on his real name or email address.

Dodge One was very complimentary about my musical pursuits, as I recall - and was one of a small handful from this forum who even tuned into a live BBC radio session we did, from the US.

I'm sure, over time we all rub each other up the wrong way, every now and then. Unless it's really personal nasty stuff i don't hold grudges. And trust me, I really do know what personal and nasty stuff is these days. I've probably missed the key vital threads where he'd irked somebody or other. Maybe he was a bit heavy handed in retaliating or something. I don't know. I've clearly missed something. What I have seen, however, is Lawrence ambushing him and destroying discussions that were going just fine and were up until then throwing up some interesting points.


I am pretty well convinced they are the same person, regardless of what he told you. I actually called him out on this when he first re-appeared, and whilst he accused me of perpetrating a witch hunt he didn't deny it. Seem to recall that you agreed with me at the time too, so unless some new smoking gun comes to light and proves otherwise I'm going to continue to believe they're one and the same. Anyroads, that's all I'm saying on this point. Promised myself I wouldn't get involved with any more troll-fighting from now on and would focus only on posting positive stuff (unless it's justified criticism of the government, of course).
Kid Calamity
8944 posts

Re: Dear Eds
Jun 22, 2017, 17:25
I was thinking again about that email exchange I had with whatshisname, while i was reading through this thread. I don't know. Maybe it is... maybe it isn't the same guy.

I think I probably did agree that they were the one of the same a while back. I mean, neither shy away from an online ruck, but that could be said of lots of folk.

I seem to recall Dodge One was based in NYC and had a motorbike. That's about it.
nigelswift
7435 posts

Re: Dear Eds
Jun 22, 2017, 17:31
Sanctuary wrote:
When they don't (one purposely) its obvious that the ulterior motive is to get the Ed's to bin him. Hopefully they'll see through that little ploy


For God's sake, a blind man in a cellar would know me saying I wouldn't want him banned for ageism but that he ought to "have his collar felt, at least" for his general forum behaviour is NOT a ploy to get him banned. What a ridiculous intervention.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index