U-Know! Forum »
James Comey's testimony

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

James Comey's testimony
Jun 08, 2017, 16:21
James Comey’s testimony is going out live on the BBC News channel. Too early to say but is this the beginning of the end for Trump?
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Re: James Comey's testimony
Jun 08, 2017, 16:39
Littlestone wrote:
James Comey’s testimony is going out live on the BBC News channel. Too early to say but is this the beginning of the end for Trump?

I can see some civil unrest if he does go.
He's called Trump a "liar" more than once, so I hear. Explosive stuff.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 08, 2017, 16:44
Unless it nullifies the ENTIRE last election, not alot of good can come of it, i'm afraid....
Bystanders to the oval office
would include Pence,Paul Ryan, and Orrin Hatch.....

The horror.....

At this point Hillary would probably not want the job if it were offered on silver plate.

The democratic free world in it's entirety has a complete lack of acceptable mandate.
We all need to go back to the drawing board.

If you perused my Guy De Maupassant story, it makes it pretty clear that the utter majority of this planet is far too stupid to elect its own leadership.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 08, 2017, 16:52
To further illustrate 'the horror', bear in mind that Mr.Trumps entire cabinet is comprised of Ring Kissers/Boot lickers/Nepotistically picked family members and personal 'friends'/Christian-FAR-right wingers/lackies/stooges/droogs/FOX news affiliates....and yes...get ready for it...

"Drongos"
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jun 08, 2017, 17:49
dhajjieboy wrote:
To further illustrate 'the horror', bear in mind that Mr.Trumps entire cabinet is comprised of Ring Kissers/Boot lickers/Nepotistically picked family members and personal 'friends'/Christian-FAR-right wingers/lackies/stooges/droogs/FOX news affiliates....and yes...get ready for it...

"Drongos"

You missed out a mountebank. ;-)
Mantid
100 posts

Jun 09, 2017, 04:36
Littlestone wrote:

USAian here...

I'd love nothing more, but I've seen time and time again that the GOP will put party over country. We, the people, are slowly waking up to the fact that our nation has been sold to Russia and just a very few of us are bothered by it. I am still puzzled by some of how this will pan out - Trump has done especially well on getting the working-poor onboard, but it is only a matter of time before their quality of life takes a heavy nose-dive... probably too late, but it will be brutal for them.

We all agree that he's doing everything possible to increase the power of the uber wealthy, and they will likely remain pleased despite any inklings of guilt; I assume at this point they are fairly spiritually immune from ethical protest.

It is all pretty fucked up!
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Jun 09, 2017, 13:35
Jun 09, 2017, 13:31
Unless I missed something, nothing came out in Comey's testimony that was damaging to Trump beyond Comey's assertion that Trump "hoped" the investigation into Flynn be dropped, because "Flynn was a good guy." Most of this we already knew, thanks to Comey's memo, which he conveniently leaked.

Apparently, Trump is still not under FBI investigation for alleged Russian ties. There is still no evidence of collusion, despite all the media hype.

Notably, Comey did refer to a February NYT article based on anonymous sources that talked about Russian-Trump ties as "garbage." It makes one wonder how many other articles based on anonymous sources that appear in the MSM are also "garbage", designed to sway public opinion in a specified direction.

Comey also revealed that Attorney General Loretta Lynch instructed him to describe the criminal investigation into Hilary Clinton as "a matter" and not an "investigation" when discussing it publically. Despite feeling "queasy," Comey went along, because "that wasn't a hill I wanted to die on." Makes one wonder how many other occasions members of the Obama administration put pressure on Comey to fall into line. It's also curious why he made no memo of this event...

Comey also stated that he refused to make a public announcement that Trump wasn't under FBI investigation, despite telling Trump this three times, and also telling members of congress the same thing. Meanwhile, leaks were constantly appearing suggesting otherwise. As Marco Rubio put it, "The only thing that didn't get leaked out of the FBI was the fact that Trump was never under personal investigation." The FBI, in Comey's narrative, appears to be highly partisan and insubordinate. It also came out that, had Trump specifically requested it, he would have had the authority to stop any FBI investigation. In short, the FBI that Comey described is not at all the way the FBI is supposed to work.
U-Know! Forum Index