https://www.amnesty.org.uk/why-human-rights-must-be-protected
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: The Day before Tomorrow
Jun 07, 2017, 18:18
thesweetcheat wrote:
Here's what Amnesty International think:

Yeah well....around here 'Human Rights' issues {or the extreme lack thereof} got so little 'cop' when it was about the death count in the Philippines{10,000 victims now?}....
and in absolute truth...had vigorous support....{hello mr.digger and mr.dei}...
I can only imagine the twists and turns it will take in this incarnation...
I completely support Madam May in all efforts to put a stop to barbaric Islamic homeland killers....And that is exactly what she was referencing.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 18:30
thesweetcheat wrote:

And?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 19:26
No "and". Just a differing viewpoint from yours, which you said most people would agree with.

Many people see the erosion and denial of basic human rights by a government as deeply troubling, rather than a "vote winner".
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Edited Jun 07, 2017, 20:02
Jun 07, 2017, 19:40
dhajjieboy wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

Yeah well....around here 'Human Rights' issues {or the extreme lack thereof} got so little 'cop' when it was about the death count in the Philippines{10,000 victims now?}....
and in absolute truth...had vigorous support....{hello mr.digger and mr.dei}...
I can only imagine the twists and turns it will take in this incarnation...
I completely support Madam May in all efforts to put a stop to barbaric Islamic homeland killers....And that is exactly what she was referencing.

In my book anyone who apposes this is defending and encouraging terrorism.
Mrs May is talking about 'changing' the HR, she has never once said she is tearing it up. That is pure fabrication invented by the media and used by tsc. She will only 'change' the parts that suit the situation she is referring to and not effect any other persons rights. Of course none of that will happen if her party lose the election. Fingers crossed they don't.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 19:51
I understood that.
As far as ole TSC is concerned, he has demonstrated over and over, a complete inability to 'debate' in a fair manner. He cannot resist the urge to twist and manipulate others{completely excerpted} thoughts on any subject he disagrees with.
3 years on the debate team 1975-1977...i know the rules of engagement.
There does not exist a moderated debate that he would not be thrown out of.
He also can rarely stand on his own 2 legs without stooges and droogs in close proximal support.
WhudaYaGonnaDo?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 20:03
You're the one who posted the link that referred to her tearing it up, but you're quite right, I used that terminology in my reply.

Can you tell me which particular part of the Human Rights Act currently stops our police and security services from apprehending terrorists or preventing attacks?

Be interested to know which particular human right you think is stopping that. Which ones from the list I posted are dispensable "where necessary" do you think?

Here it is again, so you can point out the ones that stop the police from arresting terror suspects or preventing attacks?

What are your Human Rights?

• The right to life
• The right to be free from torture and treatment of a degrading nature
• To be free from slavery and labour that is forced and not of free will
• The right to freedom and liberty
• The right to have a fair trial in the event of criminal accusation
• That if you do something that later becomes deemed a crime, that you will not be punished if it is criminalised after the event
• The right to have your private and family life respected
• The right to free thought, conscience and religion and the right to freely express your personal beliefs
• Freedom of expression
• The right of freedom of assembly and association
• The right to get married and to start a family if you wish
• The right not to be discriminated against in regards to any of these rights or freedoms
• The right to enjoy your property in peace
• The right to be educated
• The right to vote (participate in free elections)
• The right not to be sentenced to death (freedom from the death penalty)

Is it the right to a fair trial? The right not to be tortured? Go ahead, which ones are inessential?
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 20:05
thesweetcheat wrote:
No "and". Just a differing viewpoint from yours, which you said most people would agree with.

Many people see the erosion and denial of basic human rights by a government as deeply troubling, rather than a "vote winner".

We'll soon know!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 20:05
dhajjieboy wrote:

As far as ole TSC is concerned, he has demonstrated over and over, a complete inability to 'debate' in a fair manner. He cannot resist the urge to twist and manipulate others{completely excerpted} thoughts on any subject he disagrees with.
3 years on the debate team 1975-1977...i know the rules of engagement.
There does not exist a moderated debate that he would not be thrown out of.

My Irony Meter just exploded.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 20:12
thesweetcheat wrote:

When it is to save lives and protect our country and very specifically worded they will! You obviously don't care about that so I end my conversation with you forthwith.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index