Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: The Day before Tomorrow
Jun 07, 2017, 12:19
Littlestone wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
I wonder what gems each party leader will be coming up with today in a last throw of the dice?

Well, if throwing the dice means ditching the Shadow Home Secretary, Corbyn hasn’t wasted much time. It’s obvious that Diane Abbott has become both an embarrassment and a liability to Corbyn and co and I forecasted as much here. Whether or not Abbott is ill remains to be seen. What is apparent is that this is just the latest non-appearance of the woman. The pattern seems to be that she either bottles out at the last minute or incoherently bumbles her way through an interview when she does appear. Home Secretary material – never. Someone on Radio 4 said earlier that he thought her political future is now over but you can bet there’ll still be people bleating platitudes in her defence along the lines of, “Poor woman, she’s black and must have had a hard time of it”. May’s under far more pressure but still holding it together, and she’ll get my vote tomorrow.

The point though is that the real face of the far left is beginning to show itself. It’s behind the money-tree wallpaper that they’ve hastily papered up. Strip a little of it away and you’ll see that it’s no more than, “...sound and fury. Signifying nothing.”

It may be that the poor lady is suffering from stress LS and could be on the verge of a breakdown. I'm sure you'll agree that nobody would want to see that happen but does rather put her future in doubt if that should be the case. I wish her well.
Mrs May gets my vote as well as I've mentioned before - but with the Brexit negotiations in mind-nothing else!
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 13:11
Interestingly you can 1.23:1 on a Conservative majority on Betfair at the moment

Thats a hefty 23% return on investment in just 2 days for those who know that theres no other possible outcome....!!??!!
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 13:24
@ Sanctuary and Littlestone....
I think you 2 have taken a brave stance to actually admit on this site your particular choices and more than that, to make a good case for yourselves....i don't know that i completely agree myself, but i at least can find it within myself to respect your choices.
Particularly when i know that any line of thought that drifts away from the script around here WILL subject you to the wolfpack mentality...
I could already compile a 'best of HH gobshites' from just the last week...
But i kinda do revel a bit knowing how easy it is to get quite a few 'heads' around here to show the 'best they got'....
I scoff at it.
If it means anything...i find that both of you come across as moderate thinkers with best solutions for individual problems..that is my politics in a nutshell too...

Anyhow....honest discourse here has become a very rare commodity...
Wolf-pack mentality and gang-fuckery rule the day....
I think all the people that have only posted their get a boot in responses are the real 'LEFT' these days...
Not too much chance with that mandate i'm afraid...
I'd know....my country is living with the direct and proportional response to what the 'LEFT' has become.
Irrelevant.

Anyhow....it is about everyone 'working together' as Sanctuary has said before....
The finger pointers, snide poseurs, and mountebanks will just have to wait.
Best of luck with your election and i hope its fair and un-contested.

dhajj
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 13:26
Here are your rights under the Human Rights Act, which May is prepared to "tear up".

What are your Human Rights?

• The right to life
• The right to be free from torture and treatment of a degrading nature
• To be free from slavery and labour that is forced and not of free will
• The right to freedom and liberty
• The right to have a fair trial in the event of criminal accusation
• That if you do something that later becomes deemed a crime, that you will not be punished if it is criminalised after the event
• The right to have your private and family life respected
• The right to free thought, conscience and religion and the right to freely express your personal beliefs
• Freedom of expression
• The right of freedom of assembly and association
• The right to get married and to start a family if you wish
• The right not to be discriminated against in regards to any of these rights or freedoms
• The right to enjoy your property in peace
• The right to be educated
• The right to vote (participate in free elections)
• The right not to be sentenced to death (freedom from the death penalty)
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 13:28
Locodogz wrote:
Interestingly you can 1.23:1 on a Conservative majority on Betfair at the moment

Thats a hefty 23% return on investment in just 2 days for those who know that theres no other possible outcome....!!??!!

You just might want to run out and bet your whole 'benefits' check !
Quickly than!
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 13:33
Locodogz wrote:

I noticed. They were 1/16 about a month ago.
Are you getting on?

I'm getting twitchy about it as personally I don't think they have run a good campaign.
It's easy isn't it for Labour to say they are going to invest heavily in the NHS and get 10,000 more police back on the street, but where is the money coming from? Taking from Peter to pay Paul never works as you then have the likes of housing and education kicking off because they aren't getting the funding they want.
In that respect I believe Mrs May is being honest because they know first hand how much money there is to go around whereas Corbyn doesn't so can promise anything. Just an opinion which will differ to someone else's which is fine by me.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 13:37
thesweetcheat wrote:
Here are your rights under the Human Rights Act, which May is prepared to "tear up".

What are your Human Rights?

• The right to life
• The right to be free from torture and treatment of a degrading nature
• To be free from slavery and labour that is forced and not of free will
• The right to freedom and liberty
• The right to have a fair trial in the event of criminal accusation
• That if you do something that later becomes deemed a crime, that you will not be punished if it is criminalised after the event
• The right to have your private and family life respected
• The right to free thought, conscience and religion and the right to freely express your personal beliefs
• Freedom of expression
• The right of freedom of assembly and association
• The right to get married and to start a family if you wish
• The right not to be discriminated against in regards to any of these rights or freedoms
• The right to enjoy your property in peace
• The right to be educated
• The right to vote (participate in free elections)
• The right not to be sentenced to death (freedom from the death penalty)

Get it right...in part where necessary!
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 13:56
dhajjieboy wrote:
@ Sanctuary and Littlestone....
I think you 2 have taken a brave stance to actually admit on this site your particular choices and more than that, to make a good case for yourselves....i don't know that i completely agree myself, but i at least can find it within myself to respect your choices.
Particularly when i know that any line of thought that drifts away from the script around here WILL subject you to the wolfpack mentality...
I could already compile a 'best of HH gobshites' from just the last week...
But i kinda do revel a bit knowing how easy it is to get quite a few 'heads' around here to show the 'best they got'....
I scoff at it.
If it means anything...i find that both of you come across as moderate thinkers with best solutions for individual problems..that is my politics in a nutshell too...

Anyhow....honest discourse here has become a very rare commodity...
Wolf-pack mentality and gang-fuckery rule the day....
I think all the people that have only posted their get a boot in responses are the real 'LEFT' these days...
Not too much chance with that mandate i'm afraid...
I'd know....my country is living with the direct and proportional response to what the 'LEFT' has become.
Irrelevant.

Anyhow....it is about everyone 'working together' as Sanctuary has said before....
The finger pointers, snide poseurs, and mountebanks will just have to wait.
Best of luck with your election and i hope its fair and un-contested.

dhajj

Thanks dhajj...keep ducking the flak!!
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 15:35
Sanctuary wrote:
It may be that the poor lady is suffering from stress LS and could be on the verge of a breakdown. I'm sure you'll agree that nobody would want to see that happen but does rather put her future in doubt if that should be the case. I wish her well.
Mrs May gets my vote as well as I've mentioned before - but with the Brexit negotiations in mind-nothing else!

Could be that she (Abbott) is suffering stress Mr S (and on the verge of a breakdown) and no-one would wish her unwell on that score. But as I said, this ‘non-appearance’ seems to be something of a reoccurring theme.

Remember four months ago, 1 February, Abbott failed to cast her vote over the Brexit Bill debate claiming she had a migraine (though she was posting Twitter messages at both 5:42pm and 6:02pm on the same evening).

John Mann, a Labour MP, said her failure to vote was "outrageous" given that at least four "very, very, ill" MPs made an appearance in the House of Commons. Mr Mann told the Press Association that Ms Abbott "should apologise to the party for her actions and resign". Speaking to the BBC, he added: "She gave herself a sick note at 5pm, she bottled the vote, it's cowardice. Hiding away from big votes is not the way we should be doing things." (Source The Telegraph of 2 February).

On the 18 February (source The Independent), “Media reports suggested Mr Corbin [sic] had lost patience with Ms Abbott after her missed vote and warned his friend he might sack her from the shadow cabinet if she voted against him.”

I’m still puzzled over Corbyn’s last-minute decision to take part in the live leaders’ debate on BBC instead of Abbott. Was that also due to her being unwell or was she even then being shown the door.

Politics and politicians! With a few notable exceptions, in all the parties, they’re a bunch of backstabbing, self-serving black-hat reprobates who wreck our country for a few years before handing the mess over to another lot to finish the job.

Grrrr...
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 07, 2017, 16:04
Littlestone wrote:

Politics and politicians! With a few notable exceptions, in all the parties, they’re a bunch of backstabbing, self-serving black-hat reprobates who wreck our country for a few years before handing the mess over to another lot to finish the job.

Grrrr...

Ha, just this lunchtime on ITV a reporter asked a lady in a high street what her thoughts were on the election. Her reply was that she wasn't interested in the slightest "Because they're all the same as one and other"

I guess we all know that if truth be told!
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index