Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Thank you to London police
Jun 04, 2017, 23:15
tjj wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
Never mind the smile. He's the one you share your false representation of the Mayor of London with.

As for the detectorist with the guitar, yes you're right, he has threatened me and my family. It was a police matter. Nice of you to bring it up.

Not nice of course but I have made no mention of him threatening your family, how would I know that? But getting back to the point, show some respect for the man as you would like to be respected yourself if you held his position. You actually know nothing about him personally do you other than what you have read in the rags and picked up on the net over the past few weeks.

Not sure I can be bothered with this any more. You've got some front Roy, to accuse me of 'stirring it' simply because I pointed out you (and Trump) had misconstrued what Sadiq Khan said this morning. Why do that? I can only speculate. I don't respect Trump at all... yet. I respect leaders who are peace makers - if he proves to be one I may come to respect him but I'm afraid his stand-down on global warming makes that highly unlikely.
You are also out of order to accuse me of stirring when you have posted
that video link to Nigel Swift - it was an appalling attempt at winding him up. Some might say baiting.
I have a right to join in this debate and have not insulted any one. Have just watched some of the Manchester Benefit Concert and although its all 'young stuff' very refreshing to see it on a day such as this. Its a long time since Bob Dylan got up there and sang about 'Masters of War' and 'Times they are a changing' but he was right - "the first one now will later be last". Our country and our future belongs to those children and young people singing along tonight with Ariana Grande. And in the words of the old wordsmith "Even the President of the United States sometimes has to stand naked". Little did he know when, as a young man, he wrote those words ... how true they would be.

If you trouble to go to the BBC iplayer June at 7.13 this morning (won't be available after 9am tomorrow I think it is) you can watch Sadiq Khan's full comments, not the selected bits. You may recall that my thread was about him saying we will not cower and carry on as normal:-

I responded by saying people, especially the elderly, are terrified. Our country is becoming open season to terrorists. The media show people fleeing the scenes in terror and to a terrorist watching this must be manna from heaven!

That is being cowed when you are too frightened to go out.

The London Mayor said we will not be cowed and we should carry on as normal. We should remain calm and vigilant and carry on our normal business. The presence of extra armed policemen was no reason to be alarmed (really, we would feel perfectly at ease with tooled-up coppers all around us would we?). If I was an elderly person (oh bugger I am) or a father with a couple of children, I wouldn't be within 10 miles of a situation like that. Who in their right mind would. We would be cowed and alarmed!!

That's all I was saying, nothing else. What President Trump said was up to him and nothing to do with me or what I said.

With regard to Nigel - well I'm sure he doesn't need you mollycoddling him as he's a big boy now. If he shows disrespect for someone he's never met then he shouldn't complain when another person disrespects him for whatever reason he has.

That's all I have to say...other than I'm looking forward to hearing exactly what TM has in store for the terrorists other than what she has already said today. Her staying in power could hinge on it! I hope it's good as the thought of Corbyn and his motley crew taking over is too awful to contemplate!!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index